Best / Worst Gun shop in N.Ireland

Ballymac

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that's it!

Go up that road at the picnic area for quite a bit and he is on the right.

It looks like a normal house so keep your eyes peeled! Building to the right hand side of the house is the shop!

He has a couple of ponds in his garden and a duck or two i think!

He not always there so i would phone first!

House: 02841769705

Mobile: 07901627129

Yep that's it!

Go up that road at the picnic area for quite a bit and he is on the right.

It looks like a normal house so keep your eyes peeled! Building to the right hand side of the house is the shop!

He has a couple of ponds in his garden and a duck or two i think!

He not always there so i would phone first!

House: 02841769705

Mobile: 07901627129

Cheers - I will. It's always a bit of adventure going somewhere new.

• 1 year later...

Just getting into the sport myself in the co down area, any good shops in the area that you boys would know of, been into firefly in ards seem very friendly

I take you're around north Down? Hollow Farm outside Comber is hard to go past. For guns /ammo only Erroll Bailie in Bangor seems decent.

• 1 year later...
On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 23:03, Big Al said:

I take you're around north Down? Hollow Farm outside Comber is hard to go past. For guns /ammo only Erroll Bailie in Bangor seems decent.

where in Bangor is Errol Bailie please as it would be handy for me to get ammo closer to home

17 hours ago, Big Al said:

Bangor west.

Phone 91456413

Or

Cheers Al

1 hour ago, nagantino said:

Errol is a gentleman but he doesn't have a great selection of guns. He's good for cartridges though, very competitive.

what about 10/22 and .223 ammo ?

5 hours ago, tweedledee said:

my local dealer closed up and to say I miss him is an understatement.....most of them are sharks

Sad but true. I'm currently trying to sell two guns - their replacements will be bought from England / Scotland / Wales. The last "deal" I had with an NI dealer has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

How they can repeatedly shaft such a small group of consumers is testament to our stupidity. I, for one, have had enough.

I will always have time for the Newells though.

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Sad but true. I'm currently trying to sell two guns - their replacements will be bought from England / Scotland / Wales. The last "deal" I had with an NI dealer has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

How they can repeatedly shaft such a small group of consumers is testament to our stupidity. I, for one, have had enough.

I will always have time for the Newells though.

have dealt with them a few times.gentlemen...ive bought from the mainland before but my red never charged me....id like to hear what some if the ones left would charge to bring one over

5 hours ago, tweedledee said:

have dealt with them a few times.gentlemen...ive bought from the mainland before but my red never charged me....id like to hear what some if the ones left would charge to bring one over

My small, local dealer charges £25. I dont think the "big boys" would do it. 

Was Vaughan your local dealer? 

14 hours ago, tweedledee said:

any good pointers on who is cheaper with pigeon loads???? could do with buying a few 

Only GB 7s. Not 7.5s - 7s Spanish style which equate to 6.5 UK. 28g.

They are very effective. Let me know if you are interested and I will pm you.

I'e also heardthat Tommy Beattie is selling "TB Trap" in 7.5 or 8 for £48 per carton for a limited time.  They are made by hull or Gamebore or someone like that.

• 2 years later...

Another thread resurrection. My latest dealings with McCloys have left me feeling disappointed with the place. Eunan? is only interested in the money. They are still as pushy as ever and seem to be stuck so far up themselves that they don't even recognise their own ignorance. It's as if you've stepped into their world and if you don't play by their rules then you aren't worthy of being one of their customers. If only there was a way to take them down a peg or two. Charging people for services that they haven't even provided, and doing everything they can to avoid having to admit liability for something that was their fault. Never again will I use them.

On 09/11/2020 at 14:37, Cannon said:

Another thread resurrection. My latest dealings with McCloys have left me feeling disappointed with the place. Eunan? is only interested in the money. They are still as pushy as ever and seem to be stuck so far up themselves that they don't even recognise their own ignorance. It's as if you've stepped into their world and if you don't play by their rules then you aren't worthy of being one of their customers. If only there was a way to take them down a peg or two. Charging people for services that they haven't even provided, and doing everything they can to avoid having to admit liability for something that was their fault. Never again will I use them.

I dealt with them once and it was once too often.