clear eye tests

mosa

hello all i am about to get both my cockers eyes tested prior to the birth/sale of my puppies. Do you think this test will help my pups sell better :good:

Not having it done has never stopped any of my pups selling, nor any of the pups people I know have sold.

Well done mate for testing, it is lacking in spaniel breeding.

Better late than never right enough, would have been better before the mating? I am being picky... but what if both tests had given bad results, would you have informed the potential purchasers of the pups?

yes i would i would hate to be duped in any way. I was just slightly ignorant and your right late on. Now i can offer the best service i can to prospective new owners. I am really pleased i had it done to at least try to protect my litter and any further i may have (doubtful though) or through my pups :good:

Well done mate :good: Dont listen to the clowns who say they dont do it, I'd rather buy a pup from you than them, everyone who breeds should test their dogs before they breed with them............

Horses for courses. You do it your way and I'll do it mine. It's never been a problem so swivel.

ClownAdultClownSuitBlue.gif

as WQD says better late than never, if you're going to do it its definitely best before the mating as had you found a genetic defect you've then got a litter of pups that could potentially have it. Dave Ignorance in your case definitely is bliss, don't knock other responsible breeders eh!

Dave K, it's not about wether the pups will sell or not, it's about being responsable with your breeding. You may only want to make a quick buck on some pups and have a "who cares if there's anything wrong with them, so long as Dave K makes as much money with as little cost as he can" attitude, personaly I'd not allow pups breed from unscreened perents to be regisered. It would encourage the "clowns" to have their dogs tested P.D.Q. :hmm:

yes i would i would hate to be duped in any way. I was just slightly ignorant and your right late on. Now i can offer the best service i can to prospective new owners. I am really pleased i had it done to at least try to protect my litter and any further i may have (doubtful though) or through my pups :hmm:

If the eyes had faild you get you KC reg stamped & you can not register the litter as they have you details.

I had people interested in my cocker dog but knocked it back till he was 3yrs old & i have eye tested him & he is clear & the eye tester was glad to see me doing it & as i said i o it to the breed to do it.

as far as spaniels go m8 no make no difference what so ever u may get afew less phone calls from people who dont even no what eye testing is for if it was a lab id say ye 100% but not in spaniels untill a few years ago u never heard of spaniels been done now its a new fad a money making thing for the big boys