Hunting Wild Boar

Traztaz

Nice reading and well done. :lol: Nice looking animal and tuskers too ! And i recognize the fiddling with getting in a high seat as quitely as possible. :)

It is very sensible to search for a wounded wild boar at daylight, regardless of size.

I hunt wild boar many times in both Germany and the Netherlands and have seen the scary things happen with going after them in thick woodland at night. It is like a buffalo, they can wait in hiding to have a go at you. Even a youngster (Uberlaufer) can do big damage to youre lower arteries in youre legs. They thrust from down upwards and stab you in the lower legs with their tusks. I have seen a piglet, with regrettably both front legs shot off, run 300 meters on just it hind legs and when we found it still tried to bite us !

You always want to try and have a look straight away but in these cases patience is the (safety)key.

An exciting hunt, with a great write up and photos too. Congratulations !

I remember visiting a German hunter in the Bremen area who had a heavy revolver for use when following up wild boar in dense cover - although looking at your pictures I find it hard to believe that would be enough gun.

Time and a place for head shots, and they do not come often.Generally you are hunting at night using only the moon and a good scope..........no nv or lights allowed.Shot placement is critical because wounded boar are very very dangerous.Plus the tusks of a keiler are a very valued trophy, and you wouldn't want to smash up the Keiler of a lifetime.

When the head shot is practical the boar go straight down, their skull is akin to a glass bottle and shatters as such.

Time and a place for head shots, and they do not come often.Generally you are hunting at night using only the moon and a good scope..........no nv or lights allowed.Shot placement is critical because wounded boar are very very dangerous.Plus the tusks of a keiler are a very valued trophy, and you wouldn't want to smash up the Keiler of a lifetime.

When the head shot is practical the boar go straight down, their skull is akin to a glass bottle and shatters as such.

ok undersood just dont like the fact they have to suffer abit. dont get me wrong i love hunting and would jump at the chance to go hunt wild boar but just dont like that fact about it. <_<