Great Days dvd with Jim Albourne

jpw99

Bought this dvd and viewed it time and time again. I would very much like to know what cartridges they were all using. Did a lot of pauses but all i could make out was Ely and and the colour green. They looked a very effective cartridge :lol: Anyone know for sure or can give a good guess?

Cheers

Jim the geordie

JPW, I think you will find that he can use any cart and still look bloody good!

LB :lol:

LB i think your right. I don't know what he is shooting with or what he is on but i would like some :o Mind you if they made the gattling gun legal i would probably still have a bad day :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jim

Forgive my ignorance Tam and Mike.

I just know this is going to sound stupid but are Eley and Winchester two completely different companies? or is there a an Eley Winchester Hymax cartridge out there?..............................just waiting for :lol::lol::lol: :o :lol: to die down.......

I do know that on my dvd the name Eley was on the box and they were definately green in colour. Mind you, just as an aside, on the front write up they have the great man down as Jim Alborne and not Jim Albone - which is correct? and better still has anyone got his email address, as i'm sure he will know what he was using :lol:

Cheers

Jim

On the video that Jim Albone did in conjunction with Sporting Gun, he was definitately using Winchesters as it was very noticeable how many times the camera dwelt on them.

In my opinion a shooter of his calibre would be given cartridges by the makers for publicity purposes and it is just as probable that Eley supplied him with the ones you saw on that DVD.

To the best of my knowledge there is no connection with Winchester and Eley and they are seperate companies.

Thanks for that boys :lol:

Just to be sure we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and bearing in mind a mention of the word video in a reply, the producers may have the same title but different content on video/dvd.

Therefore for accuracy my DVD has the following info on the front:-

Great Days - Hunters Video - home adventures.

On the rear is:-

Great Days - Seeland - Hunters Video.

On the dvd is:-

Hunters Video -home adventures - www.huntersvideo.com - dvd 1035.

Cheers

Jim

PS I wish i had bought the video now instead of the dvd. dvds are **** to work with, well they are for me anyhow :lol: Havn't sussed how to record on it yet and i must have had it about two years or more :lol: Give me a video to work with anytime - to hell with the quality of the picture.

Cheers

Jim

winchesters, just watched it again :lol:

spot on just won a video red letter day def winchester def advertised the man is making some brass

On no man not another blo.dy video answer :lol: and to boot you have now changed the title to red letter days. No offence but i keep telling you i have a dvd not the video, and the title is Great Days and not Red letter days!!!.

If i had any hair i would tear it out :<

I'm going to have to lay down in a darkened room :lol:

Thanks for that anyway :lol:

Cheers

Jim

JPW, I think you will find that he can use any cart and still look bloody good!

LB ;)

LB i think your right. I don't know what he is shooting with or what he is on but i would like some ;) Mind you if they made the gattling gun legal i would probably still have a bad day :thumbs: :lol:

Cheers

Jim

And I would miss more than you :lol::lol::lol: :(

LB

winchesters, just watched it again :(

spot on just won a video red letter day def winchester def advertised the man is making some brass

On no man not another blo.dy video answer :lol: and to boot you have now changed the title to red letter days. No offence but i keep telling you i have a dvd not the video, and the title is Great Days and not Red letter days!!!.

If i had any hair i would tear it out :<

I'm going to have to lay down in a darkened room :lol:

Thanks for that anyway :thumbs:

Cheers

Jim

hope the headache and frustration has past :lol:

well this could really ****** up everyones guess :thumbs:

what if he handloads and just uses the old cases from the above mentioned makers

you will never know his secret pigeon killer load :P  :lol:  :lol:

Oh no man :) don't cloud the issue ever further, or i will be dead before i get the answer to this one :lol: I know, i have just thought of another line of attack. I will make it simple.

Question : Has anyone got a DVD of Jim Albone called Great Days as i have a question about it....... :lol:;);)

Thanks for that :(

Old Jim the geordie

Mike he must have done 4 because i have one as well :thumbs: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously son when you have a minute or about 55 to be accurate, and when you are sober, review the DVD and tell me i am not going blind as well as crazy, and tell me those carts that i see are made by Eley and are green in colour and give me your best guess as to the the exact cartridge eg Eley No6 Guaranteed Kill or whatever they are called etc.

If you come back and tell me you have watched the Video again - i will have no alternative but to send a hit man up there to get you ;);):)

Cheers old friend :(

Jim

Have got it at last - well almost :( :thumbs: When i viewed again sober, there it was, plain as the nose on your face. I don't know how i could have missed it:-

Eley Hawk absolutely no question.

Green cartridge in a big 250 pack box.

Shotgun cartridges,Cartouches, De Chassi

Cartridge visually is 1/3 brass and 2/3 case.

Description on box indicates it came in from France if that is the language i have just typed in.

Did google for eley and on the eley sales list on first site it lists a good number options- unfortunately Eley Hawk was not on the list :< :< :< :< I don't know whether to cry, jump under a bus or or just have my first Newcastle of the evening.

Well it's an easy choice really, i'll just start on the Newcastle :lol::lol:

Cheers

Frustrated Jim the geordie.

P.S. next stop when i get time is Eley themselves. Hope they speak english.