Sorry if this had been covered before

Sammy_D

Good evening everyone.

As I said above sorry if this has been covered before.

In one of my cattle fields there is a river that runs through into a trout lake. Now and then I see a few ducks here and there. My question is am I allowed to shoot them or do I need to have a special license or anything? Not sure where I stand as the pond is on our land!

Thanks

Sammy D

Edited by Sammy_D

Good evening everyone.

As I said above sorry if this has been covered before.

In one of my cattle fields there is a river that runs through into a trout lake. Now and then I see a few ducks here and there. My question is am I allowed to shoot them or do I need to have a special license or anything? Not sure where I stand as the pond is on our land!

Thanks

Sammy D

If you got permission to shoot on your land and is ok with landowner yes you can shoot them.

Just remember that there is different rules for duck shooting than to other shooting in regards to where you are, when you can, and mainly that you must use non lead (toxic) shot for them.

As you dont show a location in your profile I cant give specifics, but there are certain counties in england where the shooting of wildfowl is banned on sundays, and in England there are different rules as to when & where you use the non toxic shot.

Just make sure your permission is covering duck as well as anything else and all should be OK.

Trev.

PS Feeding ponds and just following the flight lines can be the best bet of a shot.

As stated above and in previous posts. Avoid shooting ducks with airguns at all costs. Unless you have a FAC airgun, you will struggle to get a clean kill. Especially as ducks, like pheasants are quite hardy when it comes to getting hit.

Use a shotgun and read up on it before ever considering leaving the house to shoot them, as it's very easy to muck it up.

I am assuming that you also do not know about seasons? I would have a good read up on all this, otherwise you could end up losing your permission, if you're seen doing something wrong...