12g - 32" barrels.

tagesbach

Used 32'' barrels for about six months.

Although they give you more pointability at long range targets, I have gone back to 30'' because they are more manageable in a hide and less cumbersome on a game shoot.

I suppose the 32'' barrels are intended for the serious clay busters. I heard that George Digweed has used 34'' and even 36'' barrels in the past.

Rob.

I use 30" and 32" for my sporting clays ,30" skeet and five stand .

In the field it depends on where im going and for how far, heavey is bad for cartage ,if you get my drift ,chokes will cover the rest .

I favour longer tubes on longer targets they tend to feel better on swing and picture ,eg no need to go ballistic on a long target and swinging a longer gun will actualy smooth you out inside of 35/40 yds the 30" will sufice as muzzle speed increses with target speed on crossers , eg when you take a L2R AND R2L crossing pair its better to slow down and redirect the shorter gun, its that mass and energy thing .

As AP said Digweed used to swing a Pair of K80s 32" 34" for a long time ,think hes now gone Italian with those "cheepo Perazzi" things :lol: ,and by the way George congratulations , George Digweed won his 14th world title, the mans a machine .

tagesbach,if you have any buddys with the differing lengths see if you can swing a couple ,dont let a few shells persuade you though ,put a couple of hundred per under your belt ,many guys have opted for a gun that "shot great" for the 5 birds they hit ,then when you settle in to the gun you find out its not doing what its supposed to ,i've put many thousand rounds through the 30" before opting for 32"s in long range bird's ,both have their place .

good luck in your choice :lol:

Martin

32" + barrels make great poles for tying the wife clothes line up :lol::lol:

Sorry guys could not resist that :*)

My mate is thinking of buying a 32" for sporting clays. I have just bought a 30" for the 1st time. So far like it but still early.

The biggest Iv'e seen is a 36" single barrel Greener full choke for geese, not there is a clothes line pole :lol:

Question: do you have a dealer who has a skeet range on site who will let you test one?:lol:?;)???

Worked for me

Thanks for the feedback.

I've just bought a 32" silver pigeon and find it very 'pointable' & balanced and it certainly has less recoil than my old Browning.

Must admit not shot rough with it yet, but its still lighter than my old 30" 325.

Am 6' 2" plus so I feel it compliments my stature, though perhaps I'll try a 28" on skeet just to get a complete picture.

Tagesbach

If you take it rough shooting keep checking the barrels are not blocked, you are bound to pick some muck up in them walking round with that length of barrel over your arm and if you fire a shot you will burst the barrels. 32 inch guns were designed for Sporting Clays not walked up shooting, for walked up 28 inch is the best length IMO although I'm sure some will disagree. I have had 32, 30 and 28 inch guns but now shoot everything with the 28 inch gun as it's more versatile and when I look down the rib they all look the same to me!

They are purported to be the best for dedicated clay shooting although that is more a marketing ploy, hence the 34 inch barrels you now see pedalled as the new thing. The top shots use them because they promote the free guns they are given by the manufacturer and if Perazzi or whoever start a marketing campaign then the shooters who they sponsor will be using the same rest assured. Digweed would still win as many comps as he does irrespective of what barrel length he used. Look at the most common length for a game gun from the top London makers who have no need to sponsor anyone to sell their wares, I think you will find it is not 32 inch. Best advice is to use what you shoot best with and don't be dictated to by fashion or marketing hype.

• 2 weeks later...

32/34/28 barrels s only cosmetic for pattern its the chokes that do it all , the barrel size is only for the persons liking and how it feels to the person althought i lke 30"barrels for trap shooting i prefer 28"for skeet and 26"for all my hunting . Its the chokes i study then for the best performance with the cartridge i will be using :unsure: