stock training

My relativley newly aquired lurcher is coming on nicely, and generally works very well.

I'm having a problem with it though... It won't stop nailing our chickens and wildfoul that rome free.

When stock training he's very good, but seems to be a bit of an opportunist, as soon as your out of the way, he's away with a bird.

As you may recall I was unfamiliar with the dogs background, as it was a stray which we believed was a lost courseing dog.

Is it possible that I will be unable to iropn out this annoying traite, or does anyone have any novel idea's on how to stop him doing it??

NTTF

This annoying habbit is probably the only failing the dog has, so yes I would effectly try anything........ What are the principles behind the collar??......give it a zap until it stops doing it?:lol:

I suppose the easy option would be to take away the temptation and get rid of the birds, but this is the last resort.

Paul

As a general outline of how it is down read here:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=2612

Insert the word chicken in your case. I would modify it somewhat in your case , so if your decide this is what you want to try let me know and I will send you the modifications.

NTTF