Cartridge belt/box/bag or keep them in pocket?

MerseaDavid

I always use a cartridge belt when out shooting and I was wandering what you all used?

I have seen many people keep the shells in the box and have them on the floor and have to keep bending over all day to load the gun.

Some people stick a handfull into their coat pocket

and some load from a cartridge bag

I was watching one of Jim Albones dvd's the other day and he had a 250 case on the floor in the hide and every time he shot a bird or two he had to keep bending over and he missed out on a bird while trying to get a cartridge out of the box :ernyha: and nearly every dvd he has done he always gets them out of the box.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post has just reminded me,my mother in law bought me a cartridge belt a couple of year ago for xmas and i have just looked in the cupboard and it still has the tag on.A very nice italian leather jobby,i may stick it on ebay :ernyha:

Even though you use a belt you must still top the belt up from something ?

If I'm on walkabouts I wear a belt, if I'm sitting in the hide I hang my belt up on one of the hide poles in front of me from its buckle; This way I can load comfortably either when I'm sitting or standing.

I also have a cartridge bag I keep in my carry all.

This post has just reminded me,my mother in law bought me a cartridge belt a couple of year ago for xmas and i have just looked in the cupboard and it still has the tag on.A very nice italian leather jobby,i may stick it on ebay :yes:

Even though you use a belt you must still top the belt up from something ?

I always take a cartridge bag which has 75 cartridges in it and when the belt is running low and the birds are not coming in for a few minutes I will load the belt up from the bag.

I always take a cartridge bag which has 75 cartridges in it and when the belt is running low and the birds are not coming in for a few minutes I will load the belt up from the bag.

:yes: this is what i do on driven days and pigeon shooting, if its just a walk around then just a belt

if the weather is rough though and i have a coat on its out of the bag into a pocket instead of the belt