who are you gonna vote

col s10

Same is true of the NHS we are dying a slow death of a thousand reforms , but no party will save us and no party will kill us. The first is just to complicated and the second political suicide. An other issue is we are paying more tax now than we ever have, but seem incapable of affording half the expences we had in the 1970's Why is that. Answers on a post card messers Brown and Cameron

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason we had 15% inflation etc was simple, we had just been held to ransom by the unions - 3 day weeks, power cuts, on strike because the hot water was too hot

We needed a strong leader to stand up to the unions and we got one in Thatcher, the problem was she went a bit too far :yes: instead of just reigning them in she practically destroyed them

She got the "special relationship" with Ronnie and the good ol USofA underway which was continued with our Tone and dubya - now we have Gordon the Moron and the great Obama already falling out.

We really need a change, just as we needed a change when we got Nu Laboor.

The Labour party used to be for the working man, unions, NHS, tax the high earners.

The Tories were for the well orf, landowners, employers, keep the rabble in their place :)

Now they are all basically the same.

Gordon the power hungry wanabe or Dave who wants to be our friend or someone no-ones knows yet :lol:

I have read with interest the comments on this topic. However, whatever your political persuasion has been in the past, surely a vote for change is needed, even if you believe the 'other' choices are not ideal.

What this government has done since they got in, is at best shocking in areas, and to cap it off we have a PM who isnt elected by the voters of this country.

Labour gave us the 'lighter touch' regulation in the Financial Services Sector. They hoped a lax approach would attract hedge funds and investment banks from across the world into London, bolstering the economy and tax receipts, it did, and we have all seen the consequences.

Labour (Chancellor Gordon Brown) scrapped the ability of pension funds to reclaim the tax credit. A stealth tax that has robbed millions from funds, affecting everyone who saves for thier retirement via a pension.

There are many more examples that could be drawn upon to illustrate the point.

We are to believe that all will be well though, as Gordon has pledged to sort out the mess, one that he and Labour has had a bigger hand in than it might first appear.

I am not saying that the Torys are blameless in their time at the helm in the past, but surely a change is due.

Not forgeting 15% intrest rates

Never fear, those who missed it the first time around will get their chance in the next 5 - 10 years, what with all the money being pumped into the economy (world wide)

Once inflation starts, and takes hold, I think they will have trouble reining it in.

It may be like trying to stop a Bugatti Veyron with the brakes of a 1950's Mini - it aint going to be pretty and it will hurt lots

toryboy.jpg

"INCREASEEEE??"

I will be 'of age' by the time the polls open and theres only one viable option for me. I'm a card carrying member and belive the Conservative Party are the only viable option. I mean no no offence in what I say but you would have to be a cock gobbling ****wit to want to help vote in another Labour Government.

I mean no no offence in what I say but you would have to be a cock gobbling ****wit to want to help vote in another Labour Government.

Such wisdom from one so young...!

All those that moan about how awful the Tories are need to realise that the reason taxes go up and things get tougher with the tories is because they usually have to spend years digging us out of the sheet that labour got us into. It'll be even worse this time round but at least Cameron has the nuts to admit it, unlike Gordy who is apparently living in a fantasy world at the moment.

Tory all the way for me. Unless someone pops up and says they will rid us of all the green taxes and climate change bill-hooks that they are all obsessed with at the moment...why is it that saving the planet always seems to involve taking money off me?

If only William Haigh had not lost his hair so early in life!

I found myself sitting next to a former Tory party prospective parliamentary candidate at lunch once (not a political do, she is also an expert in quite a different field related to my work) I told her I thought Hague was the best prime minister we never had, but she reckons he does his best work in the background and was only ever a temporary leader of the opposition, never a genuine candidate for the big job. She fought a scottish seat they had no chance of winning but was coached by Hague, and said that whoever the next Tory prime minister is they will owe it all to WH, one of the cleverest blokes she has ever met.

I dont think I will be voting for either of the two main parties ( the liberal wimps would have us living in caves so they were never a starter for me) labour have lost the plot and have forgotten the people who put them in power IE the working man

and once they forgot them they quickly turned into a bunch of self edifying control freaks stuffed with feminists and and PC mad lulabells who have given my country away without even asking if that was OK!!

As for the cons the name is right, I am unfortunate er maybe lucky enough to remember mortgage interest rates peak at 21.5%, weekly pay rises indexed linked to inflation that was way way out of control, and the destruction of our engineering industries and the mass sell off of the family silver (dont tell sid?) still maggie stuffed them horrible miners who wanted their jobs protecting and the pits subsidised, clever woman that she ended up getting whole communities on benefit and then had to buy in coal from abroad, that was subsidised by the sellers countries govts? madness.

So the choice between labour ran by an undemocratically non elected gay corrupt piece of dog dirt, or the cons fronted by a spineless luvvie who wants us to hug a hoodie,and with a proposed chancellor who seemingly cant add up? answers on a postcard please.

KW

I dont think I will be voting for either of the two main parties ( the liberal wimps would have us living in caves so they were never a starter for me) labour have lost the plot and have forgotten the people who put them in power IE the working man

and once they forgot them they quickly turned into a bunch of self edifying control freaks stuffed with feminists and and PC mad lulabells who have given my country away without even asking if that was OK!!

As for the cons the name is right, I am unfortunate er maybe lucky enough to remember mortgage interest rates peak at 21.5%, weekly pay rises indexed linked to inflation that was way way out of control, and the destruction of our engineering industries and the mass sell off of the family silver (dont tell sid?) still maggie stuffed them horrible miners who wanted their jobs protecting and the pits subsidised, clever woman that she ended up getting whole communities on benefit and then had to buy in coal from abroad, that was subsidised by the sellers countries govts? madness.

So the choice between labour ran by an undemocratically non elected gay corrupt piece of dog dirt, or the cons fronted by a spineless luvvie who wants us to hug a hoodie,and with a proposed chancellor who seemingly cant add up? answers on a postcard please.

KW

Have you considered a career in politics cos with an opening speech like that-you'd get my vote. :blink:

In recent years i've voted for the person not the party:

Now the Labour candidate who was chosen, ****** off the locals with a superb article on how **** Welsh Speakers are (he may of had a point but thats bye the bye!! ps Dwy'n siarad Cymraeg (i speak Welsh)) so he withdrew, the sitting Plaid Cymru MP is standing down (he wasnt a bad politician and will probably do well in the Assembly) the only Tory i've heard about has stood for the Liberals 3 times and never made a mark, and i havent got a clue who the LIb Dem candidate is. So havent got a clue who i'm voting for at the moment!!!! If there's a half decent independent standing i'm prepared to consider it!

Cheers

Aled

KW

Well said that man! :blink:

Its an awful choice but i think i'll be voting for the CONservatives this time around. :blink:

Anyone who is considering tactical/third party voting, for the love of god don't vote liberal or green party if you have any interest in maintaining private ownership of firearms! :blink:

Mark

The problem I have is politically I have no idea at all what I'm on about! I'm fairly young, haven't seen the problems a lot of you older folk have, and it puts me at a real disadvantage. Add to that I'm just a little bit thick and I really don't know what to do. I've never voted before.

I'm not happy with the money situation the country is in. From what I can make of it we're all having a very nice time but it's not based on anything solid. You can't spend money you haven't got forever, at some point you have to suffer! Life is easier now than it ever has been. Maybe it's about time we all struggld a bit to bring the country back to its former greatness?

I'll vote tory I expect. Cameron shoots stuff, and I'm that narrow minded that's all I have to base my opinions on! If VAT has to go up to 20% then whatever. That's life I guess. Personally I'd like to see a lot of the pointless high wage middle men sacked. It seems every government agency is run by a bunch of over paid muppets that couldn't organise a **** in a brothel! <_<:good:

This says so much. He admits to being a bit thick, but in the next paragraph sums up the problem the country is in. This shows signs of clear thinking and not someone who is a bit thick at all. But, then the first line in the last paragraph.... omg

Cameron shoots stuff and I'm that narrow minded...

If that is how people are going to base who to vote for then the country is in real probs.NJC this is not a go at you personally,I have been reading through this thread and I fear that the Torys will get in because people will give them the vote because Cameron shoots or whatever other non political reason or cause the think the a new governement will have a magic wand.

I think everyone should remember that this is a worldwide problem and Brown did not cause it. You can blame bankers property developers estate agents investment managers etc. WHATEVER.Blame the Americans but everything was going so well before.

Both parties know we are in deep trouble and changes need to be made.Tough changes, as NJC says "Maybe it's about time we all struggld a bit to bring the country back to its former greatness?"

I believe we are going to struggle for a few years, but I think a change in party in government is not the answer. Brown has done a good job of preventing the recession turning into a depression.We ae already on the turn and on our way out of this recession so give labour another chance.

From working in financial services I have seen major changes and more regulations, which were down to politics and the general public have lost out as a result ( different rant) but back in 1988 the teachings of insurance companies regarding pensions has all come true, the need to work longer and the need to pay more into them.

So don't be surprised to hear that state retirement ages are going to go up (forget 68 nearer 70) and you state pension from next yr on is going to be worse and get progressively more so to 2020.Civil service pension schemes doc teachers etc are all changing or changed from final salary schemes and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

So please vote, or as we say over here "vote early and vote often" but base it on who you feel is going to do the best job for the country. No matter who gets elected, times are going to be tough, personally I think that the Torys would mess it up.

Over here we have far too many parties and politicians for the size of population and we can't influence who gets elected.So we are in your hands, so please do vote and do vote wisely.

Edited by Ballymac

two terms in power is about enough time for each party a third usually results in disaster as we've found again. Gordon Brown has now found he's had to act like a conservative government hence he's started selling off the family silver and looking to hold civil servants pay and cost cut. Its a necessary fact and what usually happens is the Labour party spend our way into a problem and the conservatives then cut back spending but usually a little too far. Cameron seems to me to be a pretty normal individual though his background is a bit too priviledged for some of the working classes to vote for. He's hunted and is a keen deer stalker so at least has been in the countryside unlike a fair few of his opposition. i'll be voting for them as i know we need huge cut backs in public spending to get back to a position where the country is even slightly financially stable. Its disgusting the way Labour have blown money through the health service etc ploughing money in with no real accountability for it being spent welll, hence the massive number of new managers and not the people doing the job. They've brought masses of beaureacracy and form filling into most public service jobs and stopped people doing the job properly. We need a big shake up and fast, however if you want to strategically vote Lib dem or green just have a look at what they would do to you if you like to drive or stay warm at home

A vote for the Greens, Lib Dems or other bunch of deranged Walts is a vote wasted. Cameron is the lesser of two evils, but I firmly believe it is a two-horse race (although there is of course the risk of a hung parliament).

Whilst I truly despise Broon and everything he stands for, it was his predecessor Bliar that really ballsed things up for the UK. Unnecessary wars on terror, the creation of hundreds of thousands of McJobs in the civil service, grotesque expenditure on the NHS, troop-jeopardising cost savings in the MOD, endless stealth and overt taxes, the list goes on. That kilted, one-eyed spunk-gargler Brown is of course a staggeringly incompetent individual (have you seen today's gold price?!).