who are you gonna vote

col s10

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for anyone who's parents or someone who we might know who cant work due to a disability or illness, Disability Living Allowance is to be scrapped under the conservatives.

Have you given consideration to the fact that DLA will be replaced or absorbed into a wider benefits scheme?

This says so much. He admits to being a bit thick, but in the next paragraph sums up the problem the country is in. This shows signs of clear thinking and not someone who is a bit thick at all. But, then the first line in the last paragraph.... omg

Cameron shoots stuff and I'm that narrow minded...

If that is how people are going to base who to vote for then the country is in real probs.NJC this is not a go at you personally,I have been reading through this thread and I fear that the Torys will get in because people will give them the vote because Cameron shoots or whatever other non political reason or cause the think the a new governement will have a magic wand.

I think everyone should remember that this is a worldwide problem and Brown did not cause it. You can blame bankers property developers estate agents investment managers etc. WHATEVER.Blame the Americans but everything was going so well before.

Both parties know we are in deep trouble and changes need to be made.Tough changes, as NJC says "Maybe it's about time we all struggld a bit to bring the country back to its former greatness?"

I believe we are going to struggle for a few years, but I think a change in party in government is not the answer. Brown has done a good job of preventing the recession turning into a depression.We ae already on the turn and on our way out of this recession so give labour another chance.

From working in financial services I have seen major changes and more regulations, which were down to politics and the general public have lost out as a result ( different rant) but back in 1988 the teachings of insurance companies regarding pensions has all come true, the need to work longer and the need to pay more into them.

So don't be surprised to hear that state retirement ages are going to go up (forget 68 nearer 70) and you state pension from next yr on is going to be worse and get progressively more so to 2020.Civil service pension schemes doc teachers etc are all changing or changed from final salary schemes and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

So please vote, or as we say over here "vote early and vote often" but base it on who you feel is going to do the best job for the country. No matter who gets elected, times are going to be tough, personally I think that the Torys would mess it up.

Over here we have far too many parties and politicians for the size of population and we can't influence who gets elected.So we are in your hands, so please do vote and do vote wisely.

You frighten me!

Brown may not have single handedly caused the problem but he has contributed to it by spending above his means and encouraging everybody else to do so.

As for saving us from depression. What he has signed us up for is decades of debt. He hasn't saved us from anything.

I assume that you come from the pension industry, so you know full well how Brown destroyed our private pensions through the removal of tax relief on dividends in his first budget in 1997. At the time our pension system was considered by many to be the best in the world. It isn't any more due to him.

And then don't even get me started on Brown's refusal to give us a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

Cameron doesn't admit to having a magic wand but at least he has some credible plans, which is more than can be said for Brown.

So IMHO Labour doesn't deserve another chance to screw it up further.

Fortunately most people on here have seen Brown for what he is and I, personally, think that calling him a kilted, one-eyed spunk-gargler doesn't go far enough!!!!

Andrew

AVB you have got your reason for voting the CON party, that's fine.

All I was trying to say was don't vote for the Con party becasue Cameron shoots stuff, or even refuse to vote. I don't think much of the majority of the politicians, never a straight answer, but having said that I don't think that the present governmennt is solely to blame as there are /were circumstances beyond anyone govtments' control, Brussels etc.

It all boils down to the fact that we are in deep smelly stuff, changes will have to be made and the public will decide who has got the X factor. Some people (and according to GMTV) MORE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL LOOK TO grasses greener, Australia, Canada etc...

The administration of the DLA etc is a joke. Having it removed is not. I had a patient who had her's stopped one month prior to her dying from the condition she was on it for. In my mind that says it all about the current drive to reduce the numbers on it. Its political, and not health driven :blink:

All I was trying to say was don't vote for the Con party becasue Cameron shoots stuff, or even refuse to vote.

It all boils down to the fact that we are in deep smelly stuff, changes will have to be made and the public will decide who has got the X factor. Some people (and according to GMTV) MORE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL LOOK TO grasses greener, Australia, Canada etc...

That we can agree on!

Not sure that Australia or Canada have much space left in them though do they?

Andrew