North/South meet up thread

Zapp

Hmm, I hope he can shoot better than he can write French..??

It looks like there are now more Southern drop outs "doing a Mung" than there are pages in MC's book of excuses, ah well, I'll be there to sort out those Northern Numpties. :lol:

Cat.

There is no wonder people are dropping out when there are ********* like yourself going, you never have anything constructive or helpful to say and we all get very sick of it.

How did you get on this weekend? Did you come last in your squad again?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get on this weekend? Did you come last in your squad again?

No, I didn't break a single clay all weekend, too busy duffing up the Woodies on the drilling again, not very successfully, weather a bit too calm. :lol:

I hope we're squadded together at Grimsthorpe, not much chance of me coming last in my squad then..?? :unsure:

Cat.

The 8th draws ever closer ,

Who is setting this up ?

Who is still going ?

Can Mr squirralbosher take his Semi ? (or will he have to purchase some dodgy blue pills)

Sorry for the 101 Questions

But if it looks like its going to be a pile of Pants with Three people turning up then i'll spend the day somewhere closer

Wabbit

I'm still going, as are a few from the North West, but there won't be any setting up.

We're just turning up and shooting it in smallish groups. Not really being massively organised. It'll be good if it goes ahead as a PW meet-up, but with hindsight, it might have been better to choose a haybale or practice day at some ground or other for a PW meet, rather than an important and well-attended shoot (albeit non-registered, I believe). I think it's quite a challenging shoot and if we're going to have a social do and a craic, this might not have been the best choice of venue. :rolleyes:

I'm still going, as are a few from the North West, but there won't be any setting up.

We're just turning up and shooting it in smallish groups. Not really being massively organised. It'll be good if it goes ahead as a PW meet-up, but with hindsight, it might have been better to choose a haybale or practice day at some ground or other for a PW meet, rather than an important and well-attended shoot (albeit non-registered, I believe). I think it's quite a challenging shoot and if we're going to have a social do and a craic, this might not have been the best choice of venue. :good:

:rolleyes: It'll be reet lad. From Auntie :good::good::good:

For the record i'm not coming. Just make the time due to unforeseen circumstances (and don't have the cash anyway). Sorry folks. Have a good one.

Chard, if you're down this way as previously mentioned after it's after the 22nd them make it public, i'll do my best to attend. :good:

For the record i'm not coming. Just make the time due to unforeseen circumstances (and don't have the cash anyway). Sorry folks. Have a good one.

Chard, if you're down this way as previously mentioned after it's after the 22nd them make it public, i'll do my best to attend. :good:

I will be darn Sarf, but it's starting to look a bit Decemberish. I'll sort it out and stick the dates up :lol:

Well............looks like you've all caught a dose of "Mung Flue" or whatever.. :lol: .................that's gonna cause you to bottle out of this shoot. :yes: ..???

All I can say is the ground is in a wooded setting in a fairly flat location, if the wind does blow it ain't a total disaster like it would be at somewhere like Southdown.

My understanding is that the entry fee will be £32, the ground owner is a very friendly guy called Mark Russell, telephone the ground on 01778 591128 if you've got any questions, otherwise I hope to see you all there between 9 & 10 on Sunday. B)

Here's some answers to FAQ's:

1. You can use fibre or plaswads, nobody gives a monkeys, provided you don't use more than 28 gram. :blink:

2. It's not CPSA Registered, therefore you don't need to be a CPSA member, or buy a CPSA "Day Member" pass, just think of it as getting one over on the CPSA. :hmm:

3. You don't need snapcaps, simply chuck 'em in the bin.

4. If your Beretta choke has 4 notches on it, it's a quarter choke.

5. Beretta is better than Browning on most birds, but Browning is better than Beretta on the majority of others,......is that clear..?? :hmm:

6. No, you can't shoot Pheasants with an airgun. :good:

7. If the Farmer tells you his fields are "Blue with Pigeons.. :yes: !!", ................don't believe him, check it out for yourself.

8. No, MC's book of excuses is not available at your local library for all failing clay shooters to read, he's sold so many copies it's now out of print..!! :yes:

Roll on Sunday...........the weather can't be any worse than last Sunday... :oops::oops::oops::oops: ........I got soaked. ;) ........hope to see you Northern Numpties all turning up for a good stuffung..!!

Cat