stuck Landy

docholiday

OK first time uploading so hope this works

Went out for a night lamping all going well untill I got that sinking feeling, tried forward, backwards, low ratio. then the jacks came out. but this was real goey mud under a crusty surface where a water trough had been visited by several million cows. we dug for england. tried bricks under the wheels but jacking was nightmare in the soft mud.

My buddy got his car close but all the landy did was winch his car closer.

at about 4.00am we packed up and went home. 7.30am next morning the farmer came down much amused as he said he would have done the same not realising the soft mud was there.

I wont be visiting that bit of the field again. shame as we had about 17 by 10.00pm before this all happened

Doc

post-14225-1255342563.jpg

I did something similar recently, on foot.

I decided to take a shortcut through some woods rather than along the bottom of them where it was really swampy.

It was even swampier in the trees! It was like walking off a cliff. Off the field and first foot sunk to the boot-top, second step and I sunk to my knee - almost going face first into the mire. With my rifle in one hand, night vision in the other, I couldn't even grab a branch. I ended up doing an extremely fast squat to get my centre of balance low to stop me. I am SO glad I was on my own and there were no cameras around. :lol:

Doc, can't you get one of those screw-in ground archor jobbies?

ive got stuck twice in two different fields last year but i managed to get out first time with help from a local who saw me gave a shout an went got a hand held winch which you tie to the tree or something firm in the ground and you just pull the lever and out comes your car i was soo amazed i bought one and it saved me the second time.

there easy to use and cheap and its guaranteed to pull you ot of any situation also compact too my advise

good shooting guys

Best thing you can do to save shelling out for a ground anchor is to fabricate one yourself which is dead easy using a couple of offcuts of high tensile reinforcing, drive 2 lengths in at 45 degress to make an X then secure in the middle with some cable then use that as your anchor point, then just use your winch and drive together to keep the load off the anchor, never fails for my LWB Frontera, and it`s Cheap.

That bad? :oops:

Actually I heard that you turned yourself down :unsure: <_<:good:

Been there and done that, ...............................

,.......................... more than once.

Anyone who says landy's don't get bogged have never driven one on farmland. You can off road as much as you like but sink up to the difs and you're fekked.

ive got stuck twice in two different fields last year but i managed to get out first time with help from a local who saw me gave a shout an went got a hand held winch which you tie to the tree or something firm in the ground and you just pull the lever and out comes your car i was soo amazed i bought one and it saved me the second time.

there easy to use and cheap and its guaranteed to pull you ot of any situation also compact too my advise

good shooting guys

Top shot,

Do you have a brand/price and where it can be bought?

Regards,

Gixer