Is this a good deal?

Stealth Stalker

My cousin is selling her Nissan Navara D22 2.5Di 4x4

Year 2004, mot till July 2010, taxed till Dec09

1 owner, genuine 12000 miles on the clock, immaculate condition, metalic silver, tow bar, bed liner.

She wants £7500, does that sound like a good price?

If anyone could stick up a clicky of used navara prices I'd be gratefull :good:

I need to move fast on this as I provisionally ordered a new Hilux today :blink:

Cheers

SS

Just Google "nissan navara d22" first three worldwide posts are about stuff going wrong.

Stick to the Hilux :good: A cheap motor that goes wrong wont be cheap in the long run...

Mrs ME has now had 3 Toyota RAV4's and nothing has ever gone wrong and I have spent no money on them apart from servicing. Her latest one has driven us skiing in France and back, has towed a speedboat that was too heavy for it and I have driven it in the sea whilst launching the boat. It always starts on the button.I cant rate Toyotas highly enough and I have had a few cars. :good:

Toyotas are bombproof and hold their value well.

Go for it mate :blink:

EDIT: the D22 is the old shape Navara too.

Edited by ME

as said they do have engine issues that said were you to buy it and run it were it to go you could still afford to put a new engine in it and come out on top over the hi lux.

To my mind the hi lux is lacking behind the competition both in terms of economy and handling etc and trading a lot on its reputation. good trucks but not as good as everyone who hasn't had one would have you believe.

Me your missus has done well, my brothers wifes one has had new clutch and plenty of other work and apparently wants a new turbo at 75K so he's less than impressed with their reliability or the dealer service

as said they do have engine issues that said were you to buy it and run it were it to go you could still afford to put a new engine in it and come out on top over the hi lux.

Al4x, if you had the money and wanted a new motor, why would you buy a dodgy old Navara ? Who really wants the aggro of replacing an engine and not having work transport whilst they do it ?

Me your missus has done well, my brothers wifes one has had new clutch and plenty of other work and apparently wants a new turbo at 75K so he's less than impressed with their reliability or the dealer service

Mrs ME has talked about getting a girly Mini Cooper convertible instead, but while the current RAV4 doesnt give her any grief, we dont see the point. The only car that I would change my SWB Shogun for would be a SWB Landcruiser or a Hilux.

I'm a betting man a uber low mileage truck like that will be nearly new and feel like it and for half the cost of the new hilux, won't depreciate much and you may well run it for the next 4-5 years no problem without replacing the engine. However if you had to you'd still be up money wise, a new hi lux would be good but you have the drawbacks of having one you want to look after and not scratch etc out in the field. Its why I'm in an oldish L200 depreciation is naff all and i take it out and it gets muddy and scratched

I'm a betting man a uber low mileage truck like that will be nearly new and feel like it and for half the cost of the new hilux, won't depreciate much and you may well run it for the next 4-5 years no problem without replacing the engine. However if you had to you'd still be up money wise, a new hi lux would be good but you have the drawbacks of having one you want to look after and not scratch etc out in the field. Its why I'm in an oldish L200 depreciation is naff all and i take it out and it gets muddy and scratched

Your thinking along my lines exactly al4x, brand new shiny motor that I'm gonna be mega precious about or a decent second hand motor :blink:

And besides Gary owes me a knock after a metal post jumped out in front of me the other night when I was driver :blink:

I've offered her 6K & her old man is thinking about this evening.

spend a few quid on a set of BFG all terrains and you won't look back, old landies won't hold the same appeal afterwards. The old navaras were a cracking truck one of the more economical and powerful engines had they been more reliable they would have been great trucks. I believe there is a fix for the issue so worth looking for a Navara forum if you get it as its cheaper than a new engine as the fault entails a rod going sideways through the block so un repairable

w/o wishing to be controversial - you got 3 votes for Toyota, 1 neutral and 1 for the Nissan - so why bother asking in the first place?

There will always be variations but statistically the Toyota wins hands down - it is no coincidence that they are the worlds largest automaker.

Very few of the companies in Nissan's supply base qualify for the strict quality standards set by Toyota.

They also take Toyota power units and marinise them into probably the best small to medium sized marine diesel engines in the world (power to weight / size - fuel economy - reliability).

Make that 4 votes for Toyota.

My old man had a 52 plate from new to 60k and it never skipped a beat, he liked his but he needed something in a station wagon type and traded it for a ML270 (in my opinion a mistake!) the only bad side i found with the navara was the fact you could quite easily 180 it if you drove "enthusiasticly" in the wet....

It would carry a hell of a lot in the load bay too!

edited from 53 to 52 plate...

Edited by gixer1