UK Varminting Site

steve_b_wales

I'm glad I took a note of where I sent my deposit cheque to then! I just bought a gun off of a member there and until last night (when I got a nasty gut feeling that I needed to write down his address!) I had no records of what was going on other than on the forum!

I hope it re-opens. It was a good site with a lot of good blokes on. I'll miss it.

UKV was a brilliant site at first, but unfortunately the Mods just held too tight a rein.

Recently a member offered a product for sale. It was in direct competition to one of the Mods company products.....so the member

was banned.

Many posts were simply deleted, without explanation, if you disagreed with the Mods.

When a forum gets to that state I think it is correct that it shuts down.

Luckily PW Mods are a good lot and do the job as it should be done. :blink:

UKV was a brilliant site at first, but unfortunately the Mods just held too tight a rein.

Recently a member offered a product for sale. It was in direct competition to one of the Mods company products.....so the member

was banned.

Many posts were simply deleted, without explanation, if you disagreed with the Mods.

Luckily PW Mods are a good lot and do the job as it should be done. :blink:

i am a mod for a carping website that we run and sometimes you have to cut short a thread but I/we always pm people to say why tho...

was banned.

Luckily PW Mods are a good lot and do the job as it should be done. :D

Yep, glad it's come up, I was watching it unfold on UKV last night, typical response. A recent Thread on PW, "Worst Gunshop" or words to that effect highlighted the same arrogant attitude from the same Mod that own's the gunshop, this is now sadly a normality on UKV from the Admin.

End Off, seems to ring a bell.... :unsure:

You've guessed it......it was me BJ, who was banned for selling the Window Bags on PW, & BBS. Beggars belief that you can be banned off a forum for doing something else on another forum.

In a nutshell, Gary Ball Bags spat the dummy big style after the Midland Game Fair, posted a PM's to myself outlining that the Window Bags that I was selling were a direct copy of the ones that he was selling, along with.....I've forwarded all your details to my supplier, patent/copyright etc.

It's IRONIC, that from the same GameFair, the feedback that I received, mine were as good, or, even better than the ones he's selling, for at least a third of the price, "The Real Issue", & I can safely say that I never have had ONE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK yet.

Apart from running around the Website Incognito, (And this is a MOD that runs the forum) he even resorted to Copy/Paste extracts of an email that I had sent to his supplier, "NOT HIM", on a public forum....I rest my case.

This Email by the way, was sent on a Request from himself. :yes:

UKV being a small forum, is now on a Downward Spiral, it's a shame, since there's a Good Knowledgeable Membership that are only to willing to help, but unfortunately, the Village is run by the IDIOTS.

Last nights banning of two members, plus the notice of a "updated site and a revised members list shortly" just confirms this, & at the same time makes you Laugh, before long the Mods will be talking amongst themselves.

BJ.