Tory view on repealing the hunting ban

Sinistercr0c

The way I see it is the tories or conservatives want in so they will say anything to get the votes, I'm a lurcher and terrier man but the way it will be over turned is by licensed hunts and us lurcher and terrier owners still not being allowed out hunting with the dogs, except rabbits or rats of course

The repeal of the hunting ban is not their top priority, their campaign for votes is.

Another ploy by the Tory Party to appeal to the masses by: promises of a free vote to repeal the ban,

tempered by the appointment of some kind of regulatory body to oversee any new arrangement.

It will be interesting to see what their proposals are for the regulatory body. :lol: Rob

The way I see it is the tories or conservatives want in so they will say anything to get the votes, I'm a lurcher and terrier man but the way it will be over turned is by licensed hunts and us lurcher and terrier owners still not being allowed out hunting with the dogs, except rabbits or rats of course

Terriermen can still work their dogs now for the protection of game, so add fox to that list of yours of rabbits and rats.

"The Conservatives have promised to provide government time for a free vote on repealing the 2004 Hunting Act if they win the election".

All the right sentiments but I really want to know for definate that it WILL go to a free to a free vote before I consider ticking the box on the ballot sheet.

"Mr Herbert said the Hunting Act had proved "unworkable" and was an "affront to civil liberties", comparable to government proposals for ID cards".

We haven't got ID cards but we've got the darn Hunting Act. If the two are comparable simply go for REPEALING the Hunting act if you (Conservatives) get in. Simple.

As usual a very poor Tory press release, although I am pretty "blue". There is hardly anything left to Conserve.

We'd call it "squit" Harnser.

Edited by Whitebridges