Lightforce lamp

henry d

I didn`t want to cut a hole in my Jimny roof, so I have mounted it to the rail and although not bonny it is functional.

It cost around £6 or £7 for the mount, which is for mounting ariels to houses and the rest was "come in handy" stuff from the shed. Originally I didn`t have the height right and it hit the door, however there is enough room for it to work nicely and I can rest my elbow on the window and operate the lamp.

I`m sure someone with a welder and a bit of scrap could come up with something cheaper though.

EDIT - For some reason the last pic should have been first :blink:

post-1301-1256032776.jpg

post-1301-1256032788.jpg

post-1301-1256032801.jpg

post-1301-1256032811.jpg

Not the Mk1 version :P

I had it too low and you couldn`t open the door :yes: It was easily fixed with a little ingenouity and some scrap metal.

I will be using a different power cord too, at present it is off another lamp and I want to use some plain wire so I can use it between the door and the frame.

Hey Pav I used the same Thule roof bars when I made a similar kit for my Navarra pick up a couple of years ago but I used a bit of flat plate for the lamp mount worked a treat for solo lamping, and stayed steady on target to allow me to take the shot, and was QD too best of all worlds

These adaptions look good, I especially like Sparkies effort as I imagine being righthanded you could still move the beam with your left hand while your right is still in contact with the rifle, it also gives the option of a lampman in control of the beam :P

I take it you have to buy a lightforce kit to attach to the lamp?

Gary take note!!!

Right, like the idea of this but being an engineering retard i am struggling to get my pea brain around constructing a roof mounted lamp which isnt bolted through the roof.

Someone must have a dragons den idea which simplifies this? Potentially a fitting around the door frame? to hang down as so you can rotate the lamp 180 degrees.

Any help appreciated? Will be to fit on a vitara

These adaptions look good, I especially like Sparkies effort as I imagine being righthanded you could still move the beam with your left hand while your right is still in contact with the rifle, it also gives the option of a lampman in control of the beam :P

I take it you have to buy a lightforce kit to attach to the lamp?

Gary take note!!!

you got it mate you can have someone shooting from the passenger side aswell. or off the roof i sit on the spare wheel and put my feet either side on the back bumper.pajeros have really good solid bumpers with standing room.just get someone to lamp and drive and anythings possible.

• 2 weeks later...