FUDs

wymberley

well ive taken the plunge and ordered a box of 6 FUDs

also had some great service from some nice lads at a gunshop yesterday..

they let me spend my deposit (which I had on a gun) on buying some more decoys... 5 flocked pigeon shells 2 flocked full bodied and 4 crows...

as for the gun...well lets say I am well and truly sorted :good:

I will do a posting when the FUDs arrive

jasp

ps ...loved the link chrispti <_<

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive taken the plunge and ordered a box of 6 FUDs

also had some great service from some nice lads at a gunshop yesterday..

they let me spend my deposit (which I had on a gun) on buying some more decoys... 5 flocked pigeon shells 2 flocked full bodied and 4 crows...

as for the gun...well lets say I am well and truly sorted :lol:

I will do a posting when the FUDs arrive

jasp

ps ...loved the link chrispti :lol:

Glade you have a sense of humor mate :lol: Good luck with your new decs decoys :good:

Chris

Arrived today..only ordered them 2 days ago :good:

got to say..take into account the price od P&P..... that takes them upto £38 delivered... so at that price they better work

they do look good and robust and I like the idea of the easy carrying clip I will set them up tomorrow and see what responce they get....

jasp

Edited by jasper3

Arrived today..only ordered them 2 days ago :good:

got to say..take into account the price od P&P..... that takes them upto £38 delivered... so at that price they better work

they do look good and robust and I like the idea of the easy carrying clip I will set them up tomorrow and see what responce they get....

jasp

We will be awaiting your review.....with pics please :lol:

my appologies... the ticket receipt was a bit crunched..the 3 looked like an 8 :hmm:

and i forgot to say...the service was great.. just waiting for the wind and rain to go ....

a friend of mine has offered me some shooting on the farm he works on...... so should get to try them soon

now now chrispti :blush: Im hoping you gets what you pay for....

in all fairness this weekend has been **** weather down here :hmm: so no chance of trying them

I am a fair believer in giving everything a good chance..if they are **** then i will say so ..if they work well then again..I will say so ...

I will say one thing though...my dog went mental when he seen one :blush:

jasp

i took the plunge and purchased some of the fuds, been out 3 times since shooting with my mate, he uses the full bodied decoys. on the last 3 occasions i shot more than him, although we were both in the same field. they did seem to decoy to my pattern better..

they will be out the back garden :blush: we get a few woody's land there to pinch the chickens corn :lol::blush:

here is what they look like close up before and after erection...thats the decoys :hmm::hmm: ^_^

DSCF0564.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

Hmmm, cunning plan being hatched. Instead of the usual Xmas Turkeys, I'm sure Mrs W's primaries could knock a few of these up with some corn flakes boxes and paper fasteners. That spike might excite the Elf of Safety, though.

Hmmm, cunning plan being hatched. Instead of the usual Xmas Turkeys, I'm sure Mrs W's primaries could knock a few of these up with some corn flakes boxes and paper fasteners. That spike might excite the Elf of Safety, though.

Chicken decoys :blush::blush: now !!!! there's a thought :hmm::hmm: ^_^

At those prices :good: ..............................Harrods :lol:

The price is fine I think you will find Chrispti, especilay when you compare it to a full bodied deek, but still, I guess you still have to continue to make this type of comment.

oh well, at least you bumped up the thread.

Gents, the advice from us is USE THESE DECOYS WITHOUT ANY OTHER DECOY. you are ok with floaters but dont mix them with standard shells, flocked shells or other full bodied.

Dead birds added to the pattern are perfectly fine as the FUDS completment them as they are "life like images".

Mods, I thought that it was agreed that FUD topics could "continue" but without daft comments.

i see the sportsman at exeter sells them £25-99 for six, off down there on friday and buy some.

Mossy, hi,

Saw your post and as I had to take mother in law to hospital close by, I popped in for a shufti. Nil stock! "Due in any day". May just pay to ring before you pop down. Also, I would double check the price.

Cheers

Mossy, hi,

Saw your post and as I had to take mother in law to hospital close by, I popped in for a shufti. Nil stock! "Due in any day". May just pay to ring before you pop down. Also, I would double check the price.

Cheers

"Nil stock" and "due in any day"... Doesn't sound like Sportsman does it :yes::lol:

Bit expensive anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Nil stock" and "due in any day"... Doesn't sound like Sportsman does it :good::no:

Bit expensive anyway :( :lol: :lol:

That's probably what Sportsman's suppliers excuse was ...........give them a call in a month or so, they might have them in by then :whistling:

There is a cheaper way mate, Just get a photograph of a woody and sellotape it to a mouse mat ................... job done :good:

That's probably what Sportsman's suppliers excuse was ...........give them a call in a month or so, they might have them in by then :whistling:

There is a cheaper way mate, Just get a photograph of a woody and sellotape it to a mouse mat ................... job done :good:

:no: :(

Now that's enough FUD bashing - I'm sure they're well worth the money :good::lol:

Great thread guys

I bought some two weeks ago and have been out a couple of times with them. Only one downside to them as far as I have found and that is that they are very low to the ground, so when you put them in rape or stubble they are quite low down, with shells you have quite long pegs that can lift them up a couple of inches to give the pigeons a clearer view of the deeks from a distance. Apart from that they worked really well with a floater. They are great if you want to travel light and only have an hour or two to shoot. You can set them up, get in a ditch or some hedge cover and do not have to cart all of the rest of the gear around.

Very good for the minimalist approach:

Fuds

Machette

Gun

Cartridge Belt

High Hedge

Hat

Stay Still

Boom Boom..... Pigeon Pie :good:

My plastic shell deeks are getting on a bit now so they are a bit shiny when the Sun comes out.

I'm on a tight budget but I've ordered a pack of 6 to replace the shells.

I have a rotary that I stick dead birds on as well but I will let you know if they work.

I doubt anything will ever be as good as putting your gun down and turning your back to have a pee :good: :good: