FUDs

wymberley

My plastic shell deeks are getting on a bit now so they are a bit shiny when the Sun comes out.

I'm on a tight budget but I've ordered a pack of 6 to replace the shells.

I have a rotary that I stick dead birds on as well but I will let you know if they work.

I doubt anything will ever be as good as putting your gun down and turning your back to have a pee :good: :good:

Apparently, they do work mate but not any better than any other decoy

My shells were looking a bit worn out so I just got some sillosock jackets ( http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/SILLO...UV+JACKETS.html ) 10 for £25, and they work too :blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everybody,

To be fair, they arrived at the shop that I mentioned earlier exactly when they said they would and phoned to tell me.

I think I'll by the Mk2 version; that'll be the one that comes out after they've realised that the tang (clearly visible at the bottom of Jaspers top photo) and which fits into a corresponding slot (2 off) is too short and they've made them somewhat longer.

Cheers

Thanks, everybody,

To be fair, they arrived at the shop that I mentioned earlier exactly when they said they would and phoned to tell me.

I think I'll by the Mk2 version; that'll be the one that comes out after they've realised that the tang (clearly visible at the bottom of Jaspers top photo) and which fits into a corresponding slot (2 off) is too short and they've made them somewhat longer.

Cheers

The MK2 is already available, with much better legs :yes: . . . . http://www.zazzle.com/grey_pigeon_mousepad...658446177626329

• 2 weeks later...

Went out yesterday and used six FUD's for the first time.

As I was with my buddy and he had some full bodied with him and I used the rotary then it is not an objective test of FUD's.

What I can say is that all the Pigeons that were attracted to the pattern all committed and none veered off.

They look really good on the ground, especially in the sunshine. My only complaint is that the neck and wingbars are quite muted in colour on the shaded side or in shadow so I may well touch them up with some Tippex or suchlike.

I will use them again and I don't regret buying them. :good:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bought 12 today and popped out for a minimalistic approach. Never did any good but given the weather conditions I don't think it would have made any difference if I had put 30 shells and the magnet out. I think they are well made but they could do with longer stakes as they are real ground huggers. They do look very good in the field though :yes: