which 4x4 help guys

barrelsniffer

I can't speak from experience about Defenders, but do have a Discovery 1.

I think it comes down to how you feel about repairing vehicles.

I'm happy to work on it myself, and the parts are cheap, second-hand bits plentiful and there's a wealth of knowledge on the net, about any job you might need to do.

But, the flip side is, you will need to work on it....

Hilux's are good, but will still have head gasket problems, but so will the Landy Tdi diesel units, and V8's. (and round and round we go)....

For your budget you could get a decent Nissan Terrano / Ford Maverick (same thing..).

You'll get a good 2.7 Turbo Diesel engine, decent ride and economy and a proper 4X4 set up with high and low range.

You'll also be able to go nearly as many places as a defender and spend a lot less on repairs than a Discovery will cost you.

Have a look, you'll be surprised at what they are like and how capable (for the money) they are.

go for something with landrover on it but not freelander try to get a defender or disco just be give it a good going over, said before the parts are cheap. what you have to look at, the resale value, parts avilability, and good rebuilder of engines, boxes,diffs and some other bits.

landrovers have been given a bad name by farmers if it brakes fix with bailer twine, if it brakes again put two bits of twine on, if it brakes for the 3rd weld it glue it or bodge, than when it brakes for the fourth i goes to the garge where it cost 4 times as much as the part that was needed in the first place, looked after they will last a lifetime.