benelli m3 sec1 fac

Paddy Galore!

Hello, just joined and was wondering if there's many of you out there who've had problems with benelli semi's.

I bought mine about 2 years ago, and although it will chew on magnums and certain heavy loads all day long, it tends to jam up on 30g loads and anything "eley" . I've now got another slot on my fac for shot gun, can any one recommend a more cartridge friendly semi for under a grand? thanks!

hasn't been shot much, and i've just tried some RC 30g 6's and they were fine, so maybe its just a fussy eater.

Also been told that i should use 70mm cartridges or bigger. thanks for your advice.

Edited by GRAM71

Hi

Ive got a Beretta AL391 Teknys Sport 3" Magnum Semi Automatic 30" M/Choke as you can see from my post on the sporting pictures page,

I have had a good responce form other members who also has one and I must say my self when I took it out for some clays I done very well much better than my Bettinsoli o/u

To see my new toy CLICK HERE

Edited by saggy61

i have been thinking about your benelli

If its clean (a must)

spray duck oil or silcone spray or some gun oil on the bolt sliders.

it will need less inertia to cycle .as it will have to over come less friction.

So will work with lighter loads.(30-32grms is not a light load ,should work fine on these)

the benelli and its bolt system are normal very good.

cheers scott

I have a Benelli super 90, I've had it from new for 7 years now.

Up until the last 6 months I have had absolutely no problems with it at all, but i now find it jaming quite frequently and not cycling all brands lengths etc.

I think the springs probably need changing as I've put so many carts through it!

The only cart it cycles perfectly at the moment is the D&J 32g 6's.

All in all i still love the gun though!!!

turk101

hello chaps, thanks for the advice its much appreciated, there's obviosly something not right with it so its going to the gun smiths for a damn good seeing to! the gun seems to work fine for about 50- 100 rounds but does suffer from fouling in the receiver, it doesn't like 2 1/2" rounds at all but will cycle anything on pump mode, its been like this from the very start which is why i've put up with it, only recently i spoke to someone who also owns one and he reckons his is ok. I've tried various oils and greases the best one so far is a "dry lube" which is basically graphite powder but its very messy.

thanks again, gram.

I was going to say, isn't that the whole point of getting an M3, it jams on semi, switch to pump mode! :good::rolleyes:

You're doing the right thing sending it to a gunsmith, it shouldn't have any problems with 28g let alone 30g. I've even used those girly 21g in my M2 and it didn't have a problem with them

Mark