QUAD BIKE

ME

I have been looking a quad bikes recently. The prices seem to vary depending on whether they are road legal or not.

Does anyone know about registering a quad for agricultural use and what lights / indicators etc it will require for road use ?

If it requires indicators and a rear brake light are they difficult to retro fit ?

Will it require an SVA test if you are converting a non road legal one to be road legal ?

First off you want a honda, they work dont have belts to slip and they keep going

To be reg'd as ag all you theoreticly (sp?) need is reflectors, but headlights and brake lights are useful (standard on most hondas and any other bike post 1990) you can use hand signals.

but if you want indicators they are not to hard releys and all that gubbins, as for a complete kit. I have a farm-easy and would not reccomend it as they made a real hash of the wireing as it keeps shorting and they ruin the looks.

good luck and steer well clear of the china tat :yes:

To operate as ag you would need to be shooting your own land or land that you are in control of for the purpose of farming. To use it to shoot others land is not classed as ag as far as I know. Plus it has to be limited for top speed to 20 mph ( or at least my gator did ) Ask your dealer they should be able to fill you in on the details.

To operate as ag you would need to be shooting your own land or land that you are in control of for the purpose of farming. To use it to shoot others land is not classed as ag as far as I know. Plus it has to be limited for top speed to 20 mph ( or at least my gator did ) Ask your dealer they should be able to fill you in on the details.

Thats just John Deere being gay it doesnt have to be limited :hmm::good: the 20mph thing is for everything ag, most tractors have stcikers in them saying dont exceed 20mph yet it will do 30mph :lol:

dependant on which gator you have got, you can unlimit them quite easily (hpx/xuv) :P