Can't find Faversham Rifle Range!!

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here! Not only am I new to PW, I'm also new(ish) to shooting. I've only ever shot literally a few times (.22 rim-fire rifles and .22 & .177 air rifles). I'm currently making a spreadsheet of all the ranges local to me & I've contacted a few of them to discuss things. Eventually, I'd like to be able to shoot well at ranges of 800 - 1200 yards.

Obviously, I'm going to need to start slow - learning about rifle handling and maintenance, range protocol etc and probably start working my way from 25 yards to 50 yards to 100 yards and onwards.

Anyway, my search has thus far led me to a few clubs, one of which is Faversham Rifle & Pistol club which I believe is owned by a nice chap called Trevor. I called him earlier and he talked me through a few things and then gave me directions to the range. I asked him for an actual address but he wasn't sure. So now I'm in a situation where I want to go to the club, I know roughly where it is but I'm reluctant to jump in my car and get going because I don't want to get all the way there and not find it.

If anybody knows an actual address, has a googlemaps link or if you've got ANY additional info regarding getting to the range, that would be wicked!

Of course, if you have any other club / range reccomendations for me, they would be most welcome too! I'm in the M20 J2/3 (Borough Green & Wrotham) area.

Cheers folks! :hmm:

Jesus Christ!! Talk about setting a goal for ones self :lol: Good news is it can be achieved, but it will cost you a pretty penny. Best thing is just to practice, practice, practice, and get a second job to help fund your ammo consumption :hmm: Work on your breathing, and trigger control. I wish you all the best dude :good:

Jesus Christ!! Talk about setting a goal for ones self :good: Good news is it can be achieved, but it will cost you a pretty penny. Best thing is just to practice, practice, practice, and get a second job to help fund your ammo consumption :rolleyes: Work on your breathing, and trigger control. I wish you all the best dude :good:

Lol, I know it's gonna take a while and a lot of practice - especially as I'd like to be able to be a sub-MOA shooter at the 1200 yard mark eventually (given fair conditions!). As for the expense, well I plan to stick to the cheapo small-bore stuff for a while i.e. until I'm doing well at 100 yards, then I'll buy a nice .308 rifle like a remington 700 or steyer scout or something, shooting that right up until I'm doing well at around 800 yards then I'll switch up to .338 (and occasionally having a pop at .50 cal down at Dungeness or somewhere, although at a couple of quid a pop I'm not sure how often!).

Right now, my priority is to find a club or two where I can get started - small steps... I'm a bit gutted that I was all ready to go down to Faversham today (after speaking with Trevor yesterday), but didn't want to drive there and not find it - so I ended up not going at all :good:

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here! Not only am I new to PW, I'm also new(ish) to shooting. I've only ever shot literally a few times (.22 rim-fire rifles and .22 & .177 air rifles). I'm currently making a spreadsheet of all the ranges local to me & I've contacted a few of them to discuss things. Eventually, I'd like to be able to shoot well at ranges of 800 - 1200 yards.

Obviously, I'm going to need to start slow - learning about rifle handling and maintenance, range protocol etc and probably start working my way from 25 yards to 50 yards to 100 yards and onwards.

Anyway, my search has thus far led me to a few clubs, one of which is Faversham Rifle & Pistol club which I believe is owned by a nice chap called Trevor. I called him earlier and he talked me through a few things and then gave me directions to the range. I asked him for an actual address but he wasn't sure. So now I'm in a situation where I want to go to the club, I know roughly where it is but I'm reluctant to jump in my car and get going because I don't want to get all the way there and not find it.

If anybody knows an actual address, has a googlemaps link or if you've got ANY additional info regarding getting to the range, that would be wicked!

Of course, if you have any other club / range reccomendations for me, they would be most welcome too! I'm in the M20 J2/3 (Borough Green & Wrotham) area.

Cheers folks! :blush:

PM me tomorrow and I will tell you how to get there.

LB