Just booked my DSC1

fo5ter

I just booked my DSC1 for december :lol:

I have never been stalking before so Im taking the course as the best way to learn what Im doing and to be taken seriously by the FEO when I ask him for a bigger gun for christmas :good:

A good mate of mine is a ranger at a local deer park who is a fountain of experience to draw upon but he only took the exam and not the course.

Any advice from any stalkers on here who have sat the course?

Probably learn more going out with your mate....

DSC1 - putting in for mine after xmas..........but been out a few times with other stalkers who have "taught" as we have done things.

DSC1 seems to be more theory based, Ive got the book and the CD and working my way through them.....the course should be comibined......but hey...you gotta make money..

The DSC1 is totally theory based, it doesn't claim to be anything else.

The others have said it, get the Deerquest CD and get learning, the more you can do in advance the easier it will be when you get there.

If you can get out with your mate to learn about the practical side.

It's a bit like taking your driving test, there is a big difference between what you need to do to pass that, and proper day to day driving.

Enjoy it.

Practise your kneeling and standing shots until you are confident then on the day you will be cool as a cucumber, as everyone else starts getting the yips.

Do a search on here for tips on the course and learning. Try and use the course as a refresher for work you have done in the weeks beforehand, if you try and learn it all that week you will struggle.

Deerquest is a good start but be aware it is out of date and some of the answers have been changed.

If you can afford it sign up to the online learning and testing organised via the BDS. You can get it via their website.

Good luck.

M

you'll love it, i did it 2 weeks ago, it was an absolutely fascinating 4 days, i learnt so much and met so many like minded good people, just make sure you read the course literature before hand it was enjoyable not having to take notes constantly like some of the others who hadn't read the book

enjoy

mikee