Fire arms certificate arrived today rifle shopping tomorrow!!&

bushwakka

I applied for my fire arms certificate on the 23rd September, I didnt hear anyhing for 3 weeks so I gave the Fire arms dept a ring to make sure it wasnt sitting on some ones desk. I was told to contact my local FEO who happens to be Mick Toy, which I did and to my amazement he said "when do you want to see me", therefore an appointment was made for that Friday.

I had done my background stuff, such as ammo safe securely bolted to wall and all permissions slips duely filled in and signed, gun cupboards all ready sorted as I have a couplle of shotties.

Mick Turned up on Friday evening with a wad of paperwork. Its good to see that even with that amount of paperwork that he was still very cheery.

I was very impressed with the initial interview process and with the good advice he dispensed.

He advised me that I was looking at about 2-3 weeks for the certificate to be issued, what a bonus...

Got home today and Certificate was in post, double bonus.

I would just like to say I am well chuffed with my FEO and Sutton Rd Firearms dept it only took about 2 weeks from the phone call to the licence arriving so how about that for service???

I am now in the enviable position to go and buy my first .22 rifle, is it going to be a CZ or Sako :whistling:

Edited by bushwakka

Well done mate, i too have only had my FAC for just over 2 months. It took me 2 weeks from aplying to licence thru my door. My FAO was more intereted in talking about shooting, then getting to serious with the formalities of filling out the paper work. Very relaxed an polite fair play. I Opted for the .17 hmr CZ452 American. Gun, scope and silencer cost me just over £700 and boy what a piece of kit she is for a small caliber. Got to say for the money i payed and the combo i had, she was well worth it. Would highly recommend Th CZ range, sak silencer. Whether .22lr or .17. Wont go far wrong. Very accurate at good distances, i'm zeroed at 100yrds and shooting small quarry to 150yrds plus with ease.. Which ever you choose, good luck with it. all best

Gareth

I always smile when I read these posts. It's only a couple of years ago since my FAC first dropped on my door mat and I remember how happy I was! It's like being handed a shopping list to be used at the shop that sells stuff most people can't have!

Now for the rifle. I've always been a fan of CZs too. I'm quite small so their compact size suits me well. Some bigger shooters I know prefer the Sako, it feels more like a real rifle and less of a toy. That said, don't underestimate the CZ, it's as good as the Sako in my opinion. It certainly shoots just as well! SAK mods are also good. They're nice and short and most important of all cheap, so you'll then have a bigger budget for the scope. Buy the best you can afford in that department, believe me it makes a huge difference :good:

I get ****** off that "younz" are very sensibly awarded a slot for a particular caliber, & then can shop around.

we in NI on the other hand have to decide exactly which weapon( with Ser No ) from which RFD, we are for buying

Before we even apply

and then stand the risk of being refused

AND they changed our FAC rules recently, but did not see fit to adopt this much more efficient system

Scheesh

Cheers for the good advice,

I have kinda got my heart set on a CZ, would like to buy new as I like to keep my guns, unless I cant get on with it, but having said that I have used a couple of CZs on range days and I like them. Totally agree about the scope am working on it, I have a good friend in the States and scopes are more affordable out there. Early Chrimbo present I reckon.

I feel for ya dieseldogg that sucks mate.

I get ****** off that "younz" are very sensibly awarded a slot for a particular caliber, & then can shop around.

we in NI on the other hand have to decide exactly which weapon( with Ser No ) from which RFD, we are for buying

Before we even apply

and then stand the risk of being refused

AND they changed our FAC rules recently, but did not see fit to adopt this much more efficient system

Scheesh

dieseldogg, you dont need serial number, all you need is the caliber, i done it today, all forms away fro .22 and moderator without serials, all that was put on the form was serials to follow.