Eley Blues?

Following on from my earlier post on cartridges for clays I am thinking of buying some Eley Blues as I can get them at a reasonable price (28gm 7.5s), I have searched but there doesn't seem to be that much info on them. Anyone use/rate them? Are they lowish recoil, reasonably clean shooting?

Cheers.

were you getting them at 3 pound a box :oops:

£3 per box of 25 is about right bywell and bradford stalker do them for £120 a thou, not bad carts for clays.mind its not that long ago they were £80

KW

I've found them to be very simlar to firsts, first in plastic are £117.50 blues £140.00 personalyi think it's worth spending a little more and getting eley superbs which are faster and have much harder shot, then again i shoot cheap as chips steel on most close range clays...

Edited by Ian E

I have used both eley blue's and eley first 28gm 7.5's excellent cartridges can't fault them, have you tried the new eley lights 21gm 7.5's can't feel any recoil when using them at moment i am using lylevale express HV 21gm 7.5's brilliant cartridge and got at a good price £116 for 1000 most 21gm cartridge are about same price less than 28gm but still break clays very well i can't notice any difference between 21gm and 28gm apart from recoil. any way you use what suits you best try a few differnet types of cart to find out, no point buying loads of carts that you don't get on with.

Edited by mike.ginty