Miroku mk 70 gd 5

ferret boy

What are peoples opinions of these guns?i have just purchased one. Got to pay for it first before i can take it home from shop. Take about 3 months :/ . i had a lanber sporter which fitted well and i shot well with it but i fancied a nicer gun so went for the mk 70. It seems to fit me well. Was in the shop for 2.5 hours looking at it and swinging it. it was not new but has only fired 250 shots so is in mint condition. Paid £1550 for it. RRP is £1780 so i thought this was quite good.

any opinions would be good from people who own them or know of them.

regards

Got the grade 1 in this model £900 new comes with 3 years warranty on the action and 10yrs on the Materials .They are all good quality guns and will last a lifetime especially the grade 5 which i imagine looks very nice as this is the only difference between 1-5 grds(quality of wood used and finishing touches etc)

Find out why the original owner decided to part with it as 250 shots is nothing,but for what it's worth you can't go wrong with any Miroku.

Cheers Ive

Thanks for your contribution. From what the guy said in the shop, the person who bought it wasnt getting on with it. I belive this as the gun is mint and with it being relitively new it will still have warranty on it so if anything did go wrong id be covered but like you say mirokus are a good gun and should outlast me. It does look beautiful, wood is very nice. i could have got another mk 70 gd 5 but this was older and had a laqured stick. i prefer oil finished stock. This gun was £1475 so i thought the extra £75 was well worth it for a virtually new gun.

regards

mk70 is a fine gun, my dad has one, although i dont shoot with it very well, thats just me, my dad gets on with it very well, and although it does suffer with rust on the action face and on the barrels this is also a common problem with brownings of the same action, nothing a brass brush and some fresh oil cant get rid of.

and as said the grd 5 should be stunning.

have fun with it

not looking at selling the lanber, i might be intrested

Afraid the lanbers gone dun, traded it agaisnt my mk 70. I would recommend one though. a graet gun for the money. Mine was £440 and was mint, only about 6 months old.

Yeh i have heard that they rust easily. i clean my guns very well though so this should not be a problem. I got a tetra cleaning kit from the game fair, these are meant to be good so this should help agaisnt rust. im sure i will have fun with it. just got to pay for it before can collect it now.

make sure you get up some pics when you pick it up

i too have been using a lanber sporter, but its actually my friends im just holding it for him at the moment, it goes home in 1 week, and ive shot so much better with it that i want to get one my self, he got a stunning deal, as new condition £260, off this site as well

that is a good deal. Im going to ring gun shop in week as one of my shooting mates knows the boss pretty well and another shooting mate is paying for a gun monthly from same shop but has the gun already. hes only paying £100 a month. im paying £300, so fingers crossed will get it in week or on saturday. il get some pics up.

Shot 200 shells yesterday with new gun. 175 on skeet and 25 on sport trap. lowest score on skeet was 20 and highest 22 which is my normal average so im happy. just got to chase the 25 straight now. well chuffed with gun. fits really nice and balance is good. worth every penny. first time i shot sport trap and i got 10 out of 25 so i was pleased with that to. it was fun and made a change from skeet.

happy shooting