NE Clay Shoot

shaun4860

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won’t be buying in that kind of quantity until I see if this bruising is truly down to miss-mounting or if I’m just soft. If it continues I might have to consider a lighter cart. Pretty tender today which I didn't expect, but it's at the top of my arm not my shoulder :devil:

Edited by smiiithy

I won’t be buying in that kind of quantity until I see if this bruising is truly down to miss-mounting or if I’m just soft. If it continues I might have to consider a lighter cart. Pretty tender today which I didn't expect, but it's at the top of my arm not my shoulder :devil:

Wer you shooting gun down

Sounds like poor mounting

Yes I was shooting gun down. Stupidly didn't even practice mounting the gun at all before firing carts off, got a bit carried away in the excitement to be honest and mounting didn't even cross my mind. Maybe I should give it a go firing gun up and obviously if there's no bruising then it's my mounting, this is something I intend to practice to great extent when I get the opportunity. Maybe I should be shooting gun up at first anyway as this would be less to concentrate on? Jack did encourage me to shoot gun down in my lesson.

it might not be totally down to the mount it may be gun fit as well......

when i first started shooting i had a Baikal that knocked me all over the place until i got it to fit right with stock extension and comb raiser.....could shoot all day with it after that.

the cartridges should have written on the top of the box if they are fibre or plastic wad.

shaun

Well I'm thinking it is the mounting due to where the bruise is on my arm, not where the gun should have been. You might be able to give me a bit more advice when you see me shoot but I probably wont have my hands on the Classic Doubles again until the NE Clay meet.

I'll check the carts when I get in but if they're plastic then I'll be wanting 4 boxes please.

Am pretty sure they are fibre wad mate, i would imagine steve smiths is a fibre wad only ground.

I wouldnt over analyse it all or it will drive you mad, i missed most yest and hit 43 out of 50 today which i was happy with. Its all just being comfy, be careful you dont start spending money on gunfit etc when its not overly necessary..

last time i was at steve smiths they shot plastic wads they was piles of them lying all over the shooting ground

steve smiths uses both plastic and fibre

oh and smiiithy, if your still coming up on the 22nd of this month (next week) then we will have a look.....

it didnt cost me anything apart from a recoil spacer and comb raiser to make the baikal fit, i figured it out for myself, it may not be right but it works for me and i have tried to keep the same measurements ever since

shaun

Turns out they are plastic so I'll be needing 4 boxes for the NE clay meet and possibly the same again for the 22nd if we will be shooting the same set-up of 50 sporting? Unfortunately I wont have the gun with me on the 22nd due to delays with SGC, still no word from Northumbria about coming to interview/inspect the cabinet :yes:

steve smiths uses both plastic and fibre

oh and smiiithy, if your still coming up on the 22nd of this month (next week) then we will have a look.....

it didnt cost me anything apart from a recoil spacer and comb raiser to make the baikal fit, i figured it out for myself, it may not be right but it works for me and i have tried to keep the same measurements ever since

shaun

before we go overboard on the cartridges can i just point out its a 50 bird sporting so i would think 50 carts plus a few extra would suffice.....

however if you still want/need 5/6 boxes then its not a problem, just thought i would point it out.

shaun

Sean, my 4 boxes are to split between me and my buddy. We normally use Eley pigeon fibre when were out in the field so if we need a few extra carts we'll just use those if thats ok.