BiPods - How high

badsworth

What height of bipod would you folks recommend. I've just learned that my FAC is on the way and I will first be buying a .22 and .17 HMR. Should I go for the lowest option (9-13") or something a little higher that will allow me to shoot in the sitting position.

My main quarry will be Foxes - but corvids and ground game too.

Opinions please?

Badsworth

If you will be shooting prone or off a bonnet go for the 9 - 13. If you want to use one sitting you will need the 13.5 - 27 although its a little awkward to use prone you can at a push. Cheapest I have found are here www.snipersystems.co.uk,

make sure you buy a Harris not a copy and you must buy the swivel version.

as said the 9-13. if that isnt enought you can buy extension legs for most, if im honest ive never used my bipod sitting, thats why i have a pair of sticks and a tripod. and the sticks are much easier to store , rather than having a 20inch long bipod hanging off the front of your gun

Badsworth

If you want to sit and shoot try a collapsible 3 legged seat £4.99 and rest your gun on this ,it also comes with a carrying strap.Sold at most camping shops.

When lying (9"-13") option but this depends on the lie of the land as the more elevated the firing posistion the better chance there is of a good backstop.

By-pod and seat is what i use giving me the best of both worlds :/

Cheers Ive