I've got my combination gun at last!

njc110381

Con grats on your new gun. I have a savage 20g/.22 and I love it. Fitting a scope was a bit of a job but now sorted thanks to a bit of home jigging. Like most people I was fed up of never having the right gun with me and not wanting to carry two guns around I started to look around for a solution and found the combi to be the answer, I only use it for the smaller stuff, but its put a lot of those in the bag. Its now the first gun I reach for.

I wish you luck with yours and hope that you have as much fun with it as I have with mine.

Clynton. :)

Sorry to tell you - but that was made by EAW. Their prices are a bit keen, but the quality is great.

Who made the gun? We had a little wager starting up on the last page! It's a Merkel right? :oops:

Grouping wise I can hit a 12g cartridge box at 100 yards. So about 4" at a guess. The trouble is I'm right on the edges a lot of the time, it's not quite good enough for Deer as it doesn't allow for any mishaps.

I would have thought that a red dot sight would be ideal at 100 yards . I used to use them on hand guns for target shooting up to 200 yards . No magnification , there for no shake ,infinately ajustable and very quick to aquire the target . My favourite red dot sight was the see-more .

Harnser .

• 2 weeks later...

nice 1.. your brno is spot on..

bout 10yr back when i worked in the gunshop a guy in his 70s came in with a 12/12 brno and wanted £300 for it... the smith said for a non ej russki it was out of the question so he put it back in his bin bag n made for the door. i piped up that id be interested personally if we could make it in the £200-250 department ,he ummed n arred then said £275 n i could have all the bits n the case he had at home <not brought in as he said it was massive n heavy> i agreed and gave my address ..

2 month later he shows up at my door with a huge case in which was 4 sets of barrels inc 12/12 game,12/12 skeet,12/243,12/7x57,n a space for another set that i was told was a now missing 20/577 oddly . my lil eyes lit up n as an agent for an rfd i was able to take them all and hold them at the shop till i could sort my ticket out.. that case stunk tho

i really wish id kept it now n find myself looking for 12/243 with no success <have been for years>

still i love that you bought, enjoy it and play nicely..... i`ll try n contain my jealousy...reg steve

Edited by hookbones

• 10 years later...

Hello,

I buddy of mine just gifted me an old Sabatti Forest .20-76 over 7x57R.  They are so rare here in the states I took it to 3 different gun shops and they had no idea what to put in the bottom barrel.  Everybody here is all about Glocks and AR's.  Just took a little research and I found the 7x57 ammo.  My question:  Is 7x57 the same as 7x57 Mauser and .275 Rigby?  The more I learn about these combo guns the more I like mine.  As far as I can tell it's an excellent survivalist piece. 

2 hours ago, Richeydale67 said:

Hello,

I buddy of mine just gifted me an old Sabatti Forest .20-76 over 7x57R.  They are so rare here in the states I took it to 3 different gun shops and they had no idea what to put in the bottom barrel.  Everybody here is all about Glocks and AR's.  Just took a little research and I found the 7x57 ammo.  My question:  Is 7x57 the same as 7x57 Mauser and .275 Rigby?  The more I learn about these combo guns the more I like mine.  As far as I can tell it's an excellent survivalist piece. 

7x57  7mm Mauser and 275 Rigby are the same cartridge.  I understand that shells loaded in the USA are pretty low pressure and reloading you can bring the cartridge up to it's full ability.

Superb hunting caliber and very comfortable to shoot.  Is the 20 gauge a double or single barrel and as said a photo would be great but as a new member you have to have a few contributions on the forum before you can load them and when you do get a chance don't forget to reduce the size.You will see Drag files here to attach, click choose files and then drag files from your album.

AND  WELCOME ABOARD