silencers

flash

how come?

ive not used one of the modern brno semi's but the old ones were certainly very good.

however at hte end of the day the bolt action will be more reliable, more accurate out of the box, and will require no maintainance.

i would try and convince him to change his mind, i would be intrested what the thought was behind his thinking. if its 2nd shots, tbh the 2nd shots are either not possible or you have pleanty of time, and in my experiance ive not had a 2nd shot that ive not made with the bolt action.

on the up side you wont be fixing jams all the time with a bolt action (although ive had a couple of miss feeds from my magazine) so nothings perfect

how come?

ive not used one of the modern brno semi's but the old ones were certainly very good.

however at hte end of the day the bolt action will be more reliable, more accurate out of the box, and will require no maintainance.

i would try and convince him to change his mind, i would be intrested what the thought was behind his thinking. if its 2nd shots, tbh the 2nd shots are either not possible or you have pleanty of time, and in my experiance ive not had a 2nd shot that ive not made with the bolt action.

on the up side you wont be fixing jams all the time with a bolt action (although ive had a couple of miss feeds from my magazine) so nothings perfect

DK,

Everything needs maintainance, it's no wonder you have jam's all the time with a semi :unsure: ....no such thing as a maintainance free.

Flash

Go with the sak nothing I have tried is any better.

Edited by leon

DK,

Everything needs maintainance, it's no wonder you have jam's all the time with a semi  ....no such thing as a maintainance free.

Flash

Go with the sak nothing I have tried is any better.

sry but i dont agree,

when i say maintainance free i dont mean i dont touch the thing, i mean i dont have to strip and clean all the moving parts every time i use the gun. the magazine failing to feed was on my bolt action not semi, and it was due to me being a plonker and slipping it in a grubby pocket without thinking, nothing 30 secs of looking at cant solve.

bolt actions require next to no maintainance, they will work perfectly well when used and stored in the proper way (i.e not left in a barn) for years. the barrels as with all rimfires work best well fouled, so no maintainance there.

i have no intention of doing anything else than giving my 452 a lick of oil and a wipe down on the bolt face ever so often. i would not get away with this with a semi, it would stop cycling regually after just a few outings.

the old 10/22 fan club syndrome is a regular topic, and divides this forum more often than not.

but in my honest opinion a bolt action gun is about 75% more reliable than a semi, and if your into out of the box accuracy and fautless operation you need a bolt action.

:yp: well i also have a bolt action .17 varmint with a 21" heavy barrell and i have to say it's a bloody good gun for £280 quid all i do after 50 rounds is swab the barrel through a bit of gun oil on the bolt clean out the sound modarator and away i go again the rabbit's hate it because i can kill at 70-90 yards with no problems :unsure:

yeh 70-90 yards is 22lr ranges, gota let the 17 stretch its legs a bit :unsure:

452's are great guns, got mine for £220 with a bit of a cr4p piece of wood and just has the trigger job done, i am now a convert, also had my tame gun smith stone the faces a bit. and its now a gun which i confidently say i would compare to a sako any day (apart from the wood) but im refinishing the wood when i get some spare time, so hopefully i can sort that

:yp: i was lucky with my gun because it come with a threaded barrel the one i looked at in the shop did not and the gun shop quoted me a price of £100 to have it threaded and reproofed on a 14 day turnaround i also got a nice piece of wood so i was well pleased i have to say that some of the cz guns do have realy **** wood on them but a £280 quid (you gets what you pay for as they say) :unsure:

I have had this now for approx 18 months, the wood seems to be improving with age, all i do is wipe it over after shooting with a cloth thats been in used with beeswax polish, i keep the cloth in the polish jar, this seems to impregnate it with just enough polish to do the job. :(

post-18-1123778639.jpg