SIA Licence

Lloyd90

Anyone done there doorman licence ? I was thinking of doing the course in Cardiff on the 27th 28th n 29th. Thought it would be alright as I can do that on weekend nights whilst still being in college B) At the moment Im only bringin in around £50 a week as spend alot of time in college :lol:

Just wondering if anyone's done it ? And also what are the questions on the "exam" ?? lol! My mate said its **** easy :rolleyes:

I have worked the door for the last 9 years mate...

I will be blunt and honest with you ... :rolleyes:

If you can fight and take a bloke that is 17 stones out kicking and screaming when he has just cracked someone then by all means do the course and join the brotherhood...

If you want to do it for the money and the girls then dont come near my while i am working as i will tell you to go home...doorwork is ther to make sure people habe a good nite out without the ********* spoiling it...you are there to deal with the *********...nothing more

Hi All

I ran my own security company for a number of years. When the S.I.A. law came out I and my staff did the doors

licence as it covered the general security licence as well. I found it interesting and I am sure it has it,s place if every person employed in security was licenced. The exam is,nt hard just common sense.I think that the S.I.A. could do better

on the admin side it use to take weeks to get your licence after passing the exam. I sold my company due to a serious

accident that left me weelchair bound and I lost some good staff. I cant help thinking though it would be better if it was done in house so to speak. I got the feeling the S.I.A was out to make as much cash as they could.

I will state though after serving as a RAFpoliceman and also in the army I did learn something on the S.I.A course

Peter

I have worked the door for the last 9 years mate...

I will be blunt and honest with you ... B)

If you can fight and take a bloke that is 17 stones out kicking and screaming when he has just cracked someone then by all means do the course and join the brotherhood...

If you want to do it for the money and the girls then dont come near my while i am working as i will tell you to go home...doorwork is ther to make sure people habe a good nite out without the ********* spoiling it...you are there to deal with the *********...nothing more

Without sounding like a wana be Rambo I genuinely don't think Id have a problem with that mate :lol: Try to keep my nose clean since got my SGC and FAC but when needs must I can handle myself alright :lol:

Yer its probally just after a bit of your dosh, but its a requirement to work the door so has to be done unfortunately :rolleyes:

Hi All

I ran my own security company for a number of years. When the S.I.A. law came out I and my staff did the doors

licence as it covered the general security licence as well. I found it interesting and I am sure it has it,s place if every person employed in security was licenced. The exam is,nt hard just common sense.I think that the S.I.A. could do better

on the admin side it use to take weeks to get your licence after passing the exam. I sold my company due to a serious

accident that left me weelchair bound and I lost some good staff. I cant help thinking though it would be better if it was done in house so to speak. I got the feeling the S.I.A was out to make as much cash as they could.

I will state though after serving as a RAFpoliceman and also in the army I did learn something on the S.I.A course

Peter

ypu learnt something on that joke of a course... B)

mate its a load of tosh....and it does not go into enough detail as to dealing with someone kicking off.. the stop stop stop idea is a load of bull...sorry but the SIA has brought the standard of doorman and security down....but granted a tiny percent of it all is good...

Without sounding like a wana be Rambo I genuinely don't think Id have a problem with that mate :lol: Try to keep my nose clean since got my SGC and FAC but when needs must I can handle myself alright :lol:

Yer its probally just after a bit of your dosh, but its a requirement to work the door so has to be done unfortunately :rolleyes:

well if you have the statue to do it then fair enough...but the days of thugs doing it have gone...just have to be a bit more diplomatic about it all...

I have been in the security business for 17 years. took the level 2 door supervisor course and can confirm the course taught me nothing at all about general security issues outside the license premises enviroment. if its purly door work you want you may learn something.But nowhere near as much as you will learn from doing the job with some good blokes. the sia is another means of revenue for the gov and thats it. Good luck chap.

Hi All

Further to my last post on this subject when I took the exam there were six middle eastern gentlemen on the course and not one of them could speak English let alone read it yet they all past?

The only thing I learned was not to put my hand in the upright position when dealing with females but to keep them at bay

with the back of the hand then if they lounge forward you cannot be accused of groping

It was a total wast of money a police check would do the job better combined with a period of probation during which time the licence could be revoked.

Peter

Hi,

I am ex police and also gave up working the doors 18 months ago. I got sick of bailing out wimps and schoolboys going into the job for the girls and the money. In fact I got arrested for bailing out 3 other doormen who could not eject a group of violent women.

It was only my police background and interview skills that saved me from a conviction and my firearms/shotgun certs being revoked.

Think very, very carefully before you do this job. I came closer to DEATH in my 3 years on the doors than I did in 14 years police service!

Ian

have to say , im with leeds chimp ,

it aint the job it used to be , i was arrested doing my job on more than one occasion , door staff in norwich (not all of em) are just pretty boy wanna be's who meet up in the gym , swap stories and give it the big i am at night standing on the door .

i was a proud gold badge holder in norwich , started in a roughish pub and finished at waterfront, sia have made the job a joke , going out a unsafe past time .

there are always good and bad , but with the world how it is , you will be asking to bring trouble on yourself.

my flo advised me to have one or the other licance , as they dont mix very well , if you lose one you lose both . i choose my sgc .

adi

leeds chimp , do i know you :lol:?:yes:?:innocent:?? :hmm:

Hi All

Further to my last post on this subject when I took the exam there were six middle eastern gentlemen on the course and not one of them could speak English let alone read it yet they all past?

The only thing I learned was not to put my hand in the upright position when dealing with females but to keep them at bay

with the back of the hand then if they lounge forward you cannot be accused of groping

It was a total wast of money a police check would do the job better combined with a period of probation during which time the licence could be revoked.

Peter

welcome to the sia...its a joke

have to say , im with leeds chimp ,

it aint the job it used to be , i was arrested doing my job on more than one occasion , door staff in norwich (not all of em) are just pretty boy wanna be's who meet up in the gym , swap stories and give it the big i am at night standing on the door .

i was a proud gold badge holder in norwich , started in a roughish pub and finished at waterfront, sia have made the job a joke , going out a unsafe past time .

there are always good and bad , but with the world how it is , you will be asking to bring trouble on yourself.

my flo advised me to have one or the other licance , as they dont mix very well , if you lose one you lose both . i choose my sgc .

adi

leeds chimp , do i know you :mad:?:hmm:?:shaun:?? ???

dont think so fella as i have just moved down to norwich in the last few months...you have pm :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been a doorman in my town for 6 years and agree its changed alot with the new sia, the new lads come in and dont know what to do when things go bad in a club, ive been arrested once for doing my job and the police watched cctv and realised i was in the right, what can you do when 12 blokes make a bee line for 4 doorman, ive had my sgc since i was 11,

as long as you can tell the police what they want to hear and can prove what you done was right both licences will be safe imo