RR Sport

Dunkield

Not just for dropping the kids off at school then....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

They are amazing vehicles from what I've seen of them. One of your mates took his down to Devon when I was there, it was really nice, fast and comfortable on the road (even in the boot!) and seemed to manage fairly well on the rough tracks around the estate. If I could afford to buy and run one I would, but I just don't trust Land Rover quality control enough to invest in something this expensive :good:

I'll probably end up with a VW Touareg. I doubt it's as capable but it's good enough for my needs. I have a Defender for when the going gets really tough and I think things are going to get dented!

They are amazing vehicles from what I've seen of them. One of your mates took his down to Devon when I was there, it was really nice, fast and comfortable on the road (even in the boot!) and seemed to manage fairly well on the rough tracks around the estate. If I could afford to buy and run one I would, but I just don't trust Land Rover quality control enough to invest in something this expensive :good:

I'll probably end up with a VW Touareg. I doubt it's as capable but it's good enough for my needs. I have a Defender for when the going gets really tough and I think things are going to get dented!

The toe-rag has much better ground clearance the the RR, and to be fair, looks far better. We have the 2.5TDI model which goes like the clappers when you put the boot down and seems to have endless grip round bends. The low range can be engaged with a little dial in the center console and the gearbox can be used semi-automatically if you feel like it. Best car we have ever owned, makes a great sound and so far has been very reliable. If you do end up with one of these you will not be dissapointed.

PS. Much to my fathers annoyance I have driven this car 'off-raod' much more than he has collecting horse **** from fields for the garden and it does very well on the dust and up (for me) -bum twitchingly steep inclines.

One of your mates took his down to Devon when I was there, it was really nice, fast and comfortable on the road (even in the boot!) and seemed to manage fairly well on the rough tracks around the estate.

Two of my mates had them, the one you went in was sold just before the warranty ran out :)

The other one still has his and loves it to bits, although perversely it is a V6 diesel and isn't as economical as the V8 diesel was :rolleyes:

Al4x I also reckon there is a bit of tilt on the camera, but if you look at the suspension and the tyres skipping it is still a very steep incline.

I would do it, but only after a full cage had been fitted.

That's totally tilted!!!

Apart from that though, it's not their lack of capability that makes those fancy Chelsea Tractor models a stupid choice for proper off-road use, OR their default fragile wheels and low-profile tyres - it's that if you bang something under the motor, or scratch a panel, you can say goodbye to the best part of a thousand quid. That's why 99.99% of them will never even be taken onto a grassy verge.

That's totally tilted!!!

Apart from that though, it's not their lack of capability that makes those fancy Chelsea Tractor models a stupid choice for proper off-road use, OR their default fragile wheels and low-profile tyres - it's that if you bang something under the motor, or scratch a panel, you can say goodbye to the best part of a thousand quid. That's why 99.99% of them will never even be taken onto a grassy verge.

Ive been very impressed with the abilities of some modern cars offroad with what are effectively road tires.

I was driven around a shoot by the shoot captain in his Range Rover with road tires and a jeep cheroke with Mud boots on couldnt follow. I dont know what the driver was like in the other car, but the traction control system in the Landrover group of cars seems very capable even with unsuitable boots.

Granted the tires are going to make a big difference, but if you only go offroad in mud 4x a year, and you drive onroad every day it doesnt make sense.