Best balanced, most attractive O/U for under £700?

ochre

From what my dealer tells me the Beretta 686 & 687 are basically the same gun apart from cosmetics.

I have owned both, but had serveral 686s and now have a Beretta 682. I have also owned Remmington and Browning semi-autos, AYA #3 28", a Lincoln? thing that kicked the face off me.

I have use a Miroku on game and clays and an AYA #25 sidelock, 25" for field, a wee beauty, close you eye pull the trigger and you still had a bag full :) .

Burn - the lincoln thing, the remi semi-auto, keep the browning to shoot intruders and use the 686, AYAs and a miroku for the field, all good. I didn't like the 687 but I think it was because she was to flat for me.

Personal bias - is get a Beretta 686 for field, you will like it and it will not let you down. Balance great and will take pigeons out to a really surprising range. When I used them there was no muliti chokes, I think mine were mod and improved cylinder?:shoot:?:shoot:?? honestly can't remember. To be honest consider a fixed choke, mulities only give you options to blame for your own bad shooting. Pick a choke and stick with it, and adjust your lead.

My shooting buddy many years ago had a 26" full skeet Miroku. He shot everything with it and I mean everything. He went to Scotland to shoot about 3 times a year and would have the bigest bags. He just adjusted his loads. When shooting geese he used #3s. He stood shoulder to shoulder with the best. He got slagged off a bit but when he was loading up the car at the end of the day the slagging was alway history.

A lot is in the mind. Go for what you think makes you shoot better, and you will.

Ps if you can get one with an adjustable stock/butt/cheek piece what ever, I think this is a modern touch worth investing in. Gives you the scope to fine tune the gun to suit you well.

Have fun ???