fuel tank leak

ME

if your going to do some serious off roading yes re locate it. if not i wouldnt bother to be honest they look a mess in the back of the truck just get a replacment.but if you re locate it you need to mount it in the back,fix a filler pipe so you dont have to open the back to fill it. and i would fix a breather pipe out the top and down the side of the tank and lower than it. :yes: if you roll it some how the petrol wont come out

The pipes that exit the vitara tank are made of puff pastry. When I did some work on mine I noticed 'moisture' down one side of the tank when it had been moved. We dropped the tank guard plate and lowered the tank down and all the pipes were shot to pieces. How fuel passed through them I don't know. You barely had to touch them for them to collapse.

New tank off flea bay cost about £70 and I made a stronger reinforced plate to go underneath to prevent any knocks damaging the new one. New rubber hoses cost us about £15. Job done. Car runs better than ever now too.