freelander 02 plate ???

rec-baller

What are peoples oppinion of the Freelander ??

ive just been offered one on an 02 plate by a realy good mate , he has had it since new--full service history/ M.O.T etc, he has always kept on top of any little problem and it has NEVER seen any mud !!!( typical Chelsea tractor)

i know he is a very honest bloke so it is,nt a case of he just wants rid of it, he is a buisness man so can claim tax etc against a new one, as i say its an 02 plate with 88000 on the clock and is mint inside and out

shaun

I'd say that it depends on the engine. My mum's is a 99, with the 2.0 diesel, ands it's underpowered.

ours has had a new clutch (the actual clutch, not the cylinders) replaced since we've had it (4 years) and that's about it. We push it hard as well, towing horses around 4/5 times in a week (sometimes for a couple of hundred miles or more at a time)

it's built like a tractor, it sounds like a tractor, it goes like a tractor, enough said

comfy though :good:

Edited by shot shot

I had an 02 TD4 for 3 years from new :lol:

Lovely car to drive and good off-road.

Fantastic warranty and it needed it. New gearbox after 7000 miles, new IRD unit and one of the shafts needed replacing - all on the warranty.

Electrical problems if it got wet :lol: Water used to get forced into some electrical bit under the engine if you went through a puddle a bit quick :D

Would I buy another one? - no.

Would I buy one without any warranty? - hell no.

However, this one you've been offered seems to be another story. If it's managed 88,000 without any dramas, it could be a goodun.

Seems to be the nature of the beast - some are good, others are unbelievably bad :D

Land Rover kept changing ownership around that time. Mine was built during the brief spell of ownership by BMW.

I bought it thinking that would be a good sign ;)

Edited by Chard