cull stalking hampshire

mubz

these 4 were shot before lunch. I ended up with 5 roe. 1 muntjac and a fallow doe. It wont let me up load the last pic showing the lot. says it to big.. any ideas to get it up?

Very nice shooting. :rolleyes:

To make your picture smaller just crop it using paint or Microsoft picture manager.

Cooter :yes:

were you on gordan ramseys f word te other day?? great pictures by the way!

i was going to ask the same question! i caught that episode on sky+ the other night.

i have got question though- how does the shooting work with the halal meat? i know you slit the throat after it was shot - but i thought the slitting of the throat had to 'kill' the animal ? or does it just need to be done close to death to bleed out ?

and what is Ramsay like in real life? read some mixed things about him!

nice shooting by the way :D

Edited by pegasus bridge

i was going to ask the same question! i caught that episode on sky+ the other night.

i have got question though- how does the shooting work with the halal meat? i know you slit the throat after it was shot - but i thought the slitting of the throat had to 'kill' the animal ? or does it just need to be done close to death to bleed out ?

and what is Ramsay like in real life? read some mixed things about him!

nice shooting by the way :D

hi mate. To be honist Gordon was a sound guy... very nice famly man, we had a good laugh with him. With regards to halal when its concerning domesticated animals like chicken/lamb you have to bleed them with out stunning.. so they have to be alive. With regards to wild game they are not in your control so if they have died before you get to them then you just get as much blood out ad you can.. and its still classed as halal. :lol:

Hi All

Re the halal bit on the thread?

I think you will find there is also the necessary prayer that must be said at the time of cutting the throat for it to be considered halal proper............probably ok if the animal is stunned as it is not considered 'dead'. Having said this I understand (having seen this being done myself) that a strict Jewish Faith sect can cut the throat without stunning...

With regards to game animals there is suggestion (hearsay?) that the prayer is/can be done over the bullet/whatever and then the cutting of the throat done as soon possible afterwards.......

I have no particular interest/reason but may be there are 'more informed' PWs that can illuminate.......

Cheers

Hi All

Re the halal bit on the thread?

I think you will find there is also the necessary prayer that must be said at the time of cutting the throat for it to be considered halal proper............probably ok if the animal is stunned as it is not considered 'dead'. Having said this I understand (having seen this being done myself) that a strict Jewish Faith sect can cut the throat without stunning...

With regards to game animals there is suggestion (hearsay?) that the prayer is/can be done over the bullet/whatever and then the cutting of the throat done as soon possible afterwards.......

I have no particular interest/reason but may be there are 'more informed' PWs that can illuminate.......

Cheers

hi mate. I am Muslim by faith. I gave a short and brief answer before but i will go into a bit more detail now. Firstly with regards to domesticated animals there are different opinions regarding the proper halal slaughter. The issue comes about because the animal must be healthy at the point of slaughter. Some schools of thought say that by stunning to a low level is acceptable as the animal would eventually regain consciousness, the majority however say this is not classed as halal as the animal was not healthy at the point of slaughter, the animal is then slaughtered by saying a prayer and then cutting the jugular veins,carotid arteries and wind pipe with a razor sharp knife(this must be done in one swift back and forth action, no sawing/hacking), It is important not to slaughter animals infront of other animals waiting, all blood must be hosed down and the knife must not be sharpned infront of the animal.. Now, with regards to the hunting of wild animals such as game/deer they are not in your control therefore the standard rulings of halal do not apply. Instead a prayer is said before each shot is fired. If the animal is dead when you come to it then it is classed as halal (effort is still made to drain as much blood as one can) If the animal is still alive then the standard method of severing the jugular veins, carotid arteries and wind pipe in one swift cut is adopted you also would say a prayer befor the cut is made, thus rendering the animal halal.

Edited by mubz

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by the photo bucket photo of the 5 or so deer on the floor, you are going to upset that guy again, he will say you have blown their heads clean off!! why do you go for head shots when you miss easy deer at under 100 yards.

Lol nice photos mate shame about the camo jacket lol see you on Sunday.

Judging by the photo bucket photo of the 5 or so deer on the floor, you are going to upset that guy again, he will say you have blown their heads clean off!! why do you go for head shots when you miss easy deer at under 100 yards.

Lol nice photos mate shame about the camo jacket lol see you on Sunday.

aren't they headless deer? if so how do you know where they've been shot?

hi mate. I am Muslim by faith. I gave a short and brief answer before but i will go into a bit more detail now. Firstly with regards to domesticated animals there are different opinions regarding the proper halal slaughter. The issue comes about because the animal must be healthy at the point of slaughter. Some schools of thought say that by stunning to a low level is acceptable as the animal would eventually regain consciousness, the majority however say this is not classed as halal as the animal was not healthy at the point of slaughter, the animal is then slaughtered by saying a prayer and then cutting the jugular veins,carotid arteries and wind pipe with a razor sharp knife(this must be done in one swift back and forth action, no sawing/hacking), It is important not to slaughter animals infront of other animals waiting, all blood must be hosed down and the knife must not be sharpned infront of the animal.. Now, with regards to the hunting of wild animals such as game/deer they are not in your control therefore the standard rulings of halal do not apply. Instead a prayer is said before each shot is fired. If the animal is dead when you come to it then it is classed as halal (effort is still made to drain as much blood as one can) If the animal is still alive then the standard method of severing the jugular veins, carotid arteries and wind pipe in one swift cut is adopted you also would say a prayer befor the cut is made, thus rendering the animal halal.

Is that not contradictory ?

Surely an animal that has been shot cant be classed as healthy when you get to it and cut its throat ?Thus rendering it non halal going by your first explanation of how it is classed as halal.

Is there any way a wild animal is "not" classed as halal ?

yours confuseddotcom