North of England Extraordinary General Meeting

Nicky T

Just noticed this in the News section of the North of England CPSA regional Website (www.noecpsa.co.uk):

"IMPORTANT REGIONAL NOTICE - PLEASE READ by ERIC BELL

"At the AGM Wallace Sayer retired along with Bill Pennington and Phil Rowbottom. There were no representatives from Lancashire, Merseyside, or Northumberland and only One from Durham. The articles of association state that each county can have a maximum of 2 representatives and require that there are a minimum of 9 people on the committee! Consequently there were only 5 committee members elected, there is currently no committee and in the eyes of the CPSA head office, the northern region cannot lawfully function.

If this situation persists then the funds will be frozen and no regional competitions can be either organised or entered by members of the NOE.

The five elected members were allowed to arrange an Extraordinary General Meeting which to be held in the Swallow George hotel, Harrogate at 7.30pm on the 7th January 2010, where further committee members can be elected from the above counties, and hopefully the situation can be rectified.

It is essential that members of the above mentioned counties attend so that a full Committee can be formed and that the Northern region can continue to function."

PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING AND SUPPORT YOUR COUNTY - YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU!"

Will any PW'ers from the North of England be going along???

We need as many as possible to turn up in Harrogate to support Nick who has agreed to offer his services as the Lancashire delegate and I will be proposing him, we will need a seconder and as much support as possible from the locals. There are quite alot of DTL's already represented but since Bill Pennington And Phil Rowbottom resigned we urgently need someone who is " into" sporting to represent our interests. Please come along and show some support you can vote if you are in the CPSA and you don't have to live in the county. :yes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's any help I will Back Nicky up all the way :lol: Does it matter that I'm not a lancashire member ? I'm cheshire.

I might not be able to make it on the 7th though as it's me birthday :lol: is that a good enough excuse :rolleyes: But I will try to be there.

Where and what time is the meeting.

I can't make it next week I'm afraid Nicky......my CPSA membership has lapsed!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel all dirty and cheap, with a strange urge to shoot a pap 30 bird haybale "competition" for a £3 plastic trophy with a Hatsan auto whilst dressed head to foot in cammo gear :/;) Roll on payday so I can get the old "Competition Card" charged up :lol:

I can't make it next week I'm afraid Nicky......my CPSA membership has lapsed!! :o :o :o

I feel all dirty and cheap, with a strange urge to shoot a pap 30 bird haybale "competition" for a £3 plastic trophy with a Hatsan auto whilst dressed head to foot in cammo gear :sick::yes: Roll on payday so I can get the old "Competition Card" charged up :yes:

You lowlife student tripehound :yes:

You'll be sacked from Claysporting next :good:

I'm just concerned as if it is contested we could get more DTL'S on the commitee. WE have allready lost Bill Pennington and Phil Rowbottom, from Sporting Unfortunatly, Chard ,Cheshire comes under West Midlands region.I can't really understand the voting procedure 'cause I was proposed to my place on the commitee for Lancashire by a Yorkshire member. Obviously goal posts have been moved. from Auntie :good:

I'm just concerned as if it is contested we could get more DTL'S on the commitee. WE have allready lost Bill Pennington and Phil Rowbottom, from Sporting Unfortunatly, Chard ,Cheshire comes under West Midlands region.I can't really understand the voting procedure 'cause I was proposed to my place on the commitee for Lancashire by a Yorkshire member. Obviously goal posts have been moved. from Auntie ???

Me and Anni are both in Cheshire as far as the CPSA are concerned :good:

I presume that means we're ineligible for voting etc in this punch-up ???