tyres again- remoulds

darren m

INSA TURBO are remould and are relly pretty good, run 2 of the Land Rovers on these and would be happy to recommend.

If you look around and ask some of your independentt tyre fitting companies you might find that they can do a deal for only an extra £5 a corner. Hankook come in pretty cheep and are good tyres too - I'll be fitting these next for £80 a corner from my local bloke.

Not 4x4 but I always buy part worn for my Clio. I’ve always worked on the theory they will work out cheaper than the remoulds in the end and I pay £16 a tyre and they’ve always got at least a good 6mm of tred on them, I can never believe they aren’t new. Obviously you'll be paying more but part worn might be a better option than remoulds.

Ive just stuck a set of kumho kl71 tyres on my surf, voted 4x4 magazines best tyre in 31 10.5 r15 and there where only £320 delivered, I always used to be a fan of remoulds, but now a days there's so little difference in price, id rather pay an extra £10 and get a new tyre, try here's, www.camskill.co.uk dout anywhere on the net will touch them on price or efficiency, if you still want cheap remoulds try the kingpin ones from www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk

Edited by EvoCars

Insa Turbo Ranger are a direct copy of the BF Goodrich AT.

I'm running I T Dakar (BFG MT copy) at the moment, and can't fault them.

Depending how far off-road you go, have a look at their "Traction Track", as they're a good half way house between the Ranger and Dakar.

Do you realy need a set of tyres? ??? If cash is tight surely a pair of part worn, of the same make/pattern should last you some time? :angry: remember never mix tread patterns on a 4x4 You'll end up with transmition problems :hmm:

Tread patterns wont give you transmission probs only different SIZE tyres.

Anyway i have some 16 inch tyres.They ar AT's and off a shogun,2 are new and the other 2 have almost new tread if you are interested ?

Do you realy need a set of tyres? ??? If cash is tight surely a pair of part worn, of the same make/pattern should last you some time? :angry: remember never mix tread patterns on a 4x4 You'll end up with transmition problems :hmm:

no do not have to be new , but they do have to match up ( i suppose ) with the front BFG AT's on the front , its just that they are soooo pricey.

i just need 2 for the rear .

thanks guys -- just looked at the INSA range and they do a turbo ranger that looks pretty much like a BFG and a reasonable price too.

i,m 50/50 on/off road , with beating , shooting and muddy tracks down to stables , but also use the car for all other use , will these be ok.

i,m also going to have a look local to see if any one does used 4x4 tyres around Notts/newark/grantham/lincs way

thanks lads

they will do the job but, the tyre place you take them to will swear as they are very hard to balance, wear is highter than a decent branded new tyre and mpg is worse so it costs you int he long run. Part worn tyres are fine but most are ones that have had punctures repaired etc so really it depends what kind of mileage you do and whether you do any long journeys. I had a colway set of the A/t pattern and compared to the BFG's that were on before my mpg dropped by about 4mpg road noise increased and I wore them out in 20K versus the BFG's that did 50K

My current one I bought a set of BFG Long trails on rims for £85 all up on that auction site virtually unused and 20K later they're nearly half worn so a bit of a bargain. Shame they no longer make the pattern as road noise is far less than mud terrains and off road they are far better than all terrains.