frontera 4x4

besty57

Had a P reg, great car. Pulled a large horse trailer complete with large horse at a steady 50+ no problems. Also towed a trailer loaded with hay & straw around a very muddy field no problems. Only negative was the rear seating but, hey, I never sat in the back!

Only sold it to finance an expensive sports car, wish I hadn't in many respects.

I use a Frontera 2.0 Sport and it's a great shooting truck. It goes wherever I ask it without getting stuck (I wouldn't ask it to tackle Mount Everest though). The only thing that I would fault is the lack of room in the rear unless you tilt the rear seats forward.

I use a Frontera 2.0 Sport and it's a great shooting truck. It goes wherever I ask it without getting stuck (I wouldn't ask it to tackle Mount Everest though). The only thing that I would fault is the lack of room in the rear unless you tilt the rear seats forward.

Lol, I took the rear seats out so i can get the gear in easier & the dog. Anyone else can walk. Regards

best thing about them is they are dirt cheap, buy a petrol rather than a diesel as they tend to last longer without expensive repairs. The diesels seem to have a few expensive problems which on a £250 quid truck aren't worth fixing. Off road they are ok but like most 4x4's tyres are the crucial factor.

as Al4x said - go for the 2 litre petrol - it's a bulletproof engine, and get the SWB as it has the removable roof which is superb for lamping from.

love mine to bits - £700 to buy it a year ago and it sailed through it's MOT two months ago.

superb forum for them...

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/index.php

Excellent value lamping waggon and quite comfortable on road, I would say don't be tempted to take it to off road tracks with deep water etc.

I have seen a couple bought to my garage really messed up when taken in proper mud, both had fuel pump/wiring problems. As said above the 2.0l vauxhall lump is pretty reliable and cheap if it does need fixing, just keep checking oil and water as minor leaks are common.

I've had 4 - a 2.0 sport, a 2.4 LWB, 2.8 TD LWB, and a 3.2V6 LWB. All definitely good off roading machines, just not a lot out there to mod them if you decide to make it a bit more capable.

I had my 2.0 sport as deep as the top of the headlights through a few fords around here - just kept on going :angry:

normal_DSC01196.JPG

I converted it to a softop after a while

normal_DSC01262.JPG