Crazy day decoying

Stealth Stalker

Hi all

I have just had the maddest day decoying over wheat stubble. I was set up in the field i,ve been watching for the past 4 days at 12.30, by 1pm i had shot 10 pigeon when all of sudden a police helicopter appeared hovering high above the decoys. It stayed there for about 10 mins by which time i was getting a bit unerved, so i decided to call the police to let them know where i was. A few minutes later the phone rang, and it was the police asking me to unload and walk out of the hide.There was 3 old bill and dog walking across the field towards me. They explained that a woman had called them because of an intruder in her garden and when they got round there they heard me banging away, so called the heli in.Thankfully i had my licence & permission from the farmer on me and they where satisfied that i wasnt doing anything illegal. But it didnt half **** me up.

As you can imagine all that didnt do much for the flightline either. But it did pick up after half an hour, but then the farmer appeared and started to load all the straw bales onto a trailer which screwed things up for another hour. Any way after all that i ended up shooting my best ever bag of 62 woodies for 122 carts which is good going for me. I just wonder i might have hit the magic 100 if things hadnt gone tits up.

Will they hold that on file against me? They did take all my details, even checked the serial No on my gun.

They wont and cant ,

we all have to stand up and be counted at some time , they were just doing their job by the sounds of it

Alls well that ends well

As a SG and FAC holder my door is always open to the plod

WB

Will they hold that on file against me? They did take all my details, even checked the serial No on my gun.

They wont and cant ,

we all have to stand up and be counted at some time , they were just doing their job by the sounds of it

Alls well that ends well

As a SG and FAC holder my door is always open to the plod

WB

Ill second that they are quite welcome to see me anytime they like so what if its a little bit inconvenient its nice to know they are doing the job..... ???:):shoot::shoot:

Been there and done it mate? had plod waiting at the end of a lane for me? again reports of gunshots and sure enough questions asked? second time I was actually followed by area helicopter I parked up at my home unloaded my gear and sure enough down it came full beam on (2 am) been for bunnies! hovered above for what seemed ages then he switched light off and backed up stayed for another 10 mins then up and away? I sat up waiting for plod to knock, they never did? spent next morning apologising to neighbours for the "noise" then contacted FLO who said no record? so what was going on I will never know or at least should I say they wont tell me? latest incident again early hours watched an armed response ford ranger drive by me? I was in bushes rabbiting watched him pull up and start giving my truck the once over? so walked up to them only to receive a tirade about an unsecure vehicle and ammo in view? actally carts and the back window was open by an inch? got the do you want to lose your licence bit yah dah dah explained carts dont need to be secure and that I wasnt using them for rabbiting and that I had gun and "proper" ammo with me? and that the vehicle was locked and alarmed? but on he went, so I just said ok accept my apologies and off he went happy in giving grief for NO REASON whatsover I was on private land funnily enough he never asked to see my gun licence etc.

again spoke to my FL dept and asked the question should I let you know when and where I am? good grief was the reply we would be unnendated please dont bother just keep yourself "right"

cheers Keith

I`m sure `keeping yourself right`means locking your car, including windows, and keeping cartridges out of sight!!

You`re letting the side down mate. :<

Er I was on private land sunshine!! they should not have been there?and again facts please it was a truck not a car you had to step up and look through tinted glass with a torch

cheers KW

I`m not your sunshine and you were still letting the side down, private land or not!!

People trespass on private land all the time and your security with firearms should take account of that. The police were just doing their job and your laissez faire attitude to cartidges in your vehicle, (car or otherwise) was regrettable!!

:oops: all land is private but the police don't need permision to be their were i do my shooting is at least a mile from the main road but a night the place come's alive with 4 wheel drive's it's the local pickies getting red diesel from the gravel works :rolleyes: makes for reel bad shooting at night for rabbit's,police won't go and stop them

I've been stopped twice by the police while out shooting and nether time did they ask to see my gun or licence, nor did they even ask my name. :rolleyes:

Mark.

By the time they pulled you over they knew who you were what you looked like what guns you owned your inside leg measurement when you last had a dump weather it was a floater or a dribbler and a host of other things i wont mention on ere!!

Good old central Computer!!!

GOOD old plod!

I found out today you dont have to carry your SG Cert when out shooting !!!

Wabbitbosher,

QUOTE (M ROBSON @ Aug 17 2005, 07:18 PM)

I've been stopped twice by the police while out shooting and nether time did they ask to see my gun or licence, nor did they even ask my name.

Mark.

By the time they pulled you over they knew who you were what you looked like what guns you owned your inside leg measurement when you last had a dump weather it was a floater or a dribbler and a host of other things i wont mention on ere!!

Good old central Computer!!!

GOOD old plod!

I found out today you dont have to carry your SG Cert when out shooting !!!

If only that was true! They didn't have the foggiest clue about shooting. They were asking ME if it was legal!

Mark.

Edited by M ROBSON

• 4 weeks later...

Mossy no reason to be complacent!! I have copies of my SGC and FAC plus permissions in the pocket of my gunslip just in case. I`ve been stopped by police a couple of times with a fullbore rifle and a deer in the boot and having the proper documents soon explained my bona fides.

"you dont have to carry your licence with you bur they can take your gun till you show them it."

That would be interesting, surly the police man that took your gun would have to have a valid gun licence himself and you signed the gun over to him on a temporary 72 hour certificate, otherwise he would be in possesion of a shotgun without a valid shotgun certificate ?.