conking out

stubby

twice now this has happened,

out lamping, driving through orchards, in the vitara, you get the odd occassion when you stall the car, but it'll start up on the first turn of the key, but twice now when we have stopped to gut the rabbits, turned engine off for around 15 minutes, on trying to start the car, NOTHING :angry:

you'll get a whirring sound from the engine bay when holding the key on, the first time it happened we though **ck it, the AA aint gonna find us, we eventually bumped it in reverse

the 2nd time it happened it wouldent bump, but after trying a few times, she started on the key,

at home/on the streets never have a problem, starts up first time, every time, no matter what time day or night

so would I be right in thinking its either a "damp" issue, or something else

and any ideas on how to solve the problem, "new bits" etc

my only though was not to turn off engine in future, but the first time it happened, it happened after my mate had stalled it :rolleyes:

its a suzuki vitara 3 door around 98,

Edited by stubby

Also check any earth straps, I had an old mini and the earth strap went and the return current went via the throttle cable and promply melted the cable :angry: .

Just thinking, check all starter cable connections including the starter solenoid - at least it will rules them out if it happens again. :rolleyes: