Need help buying another 4x4

picardy

I would suggest a land rover 110, a daihatsu fourtrak Lwb, or a discovery,

If you look at a 110 make sure the chassis is good, and there is not too much back lash in the transmishion, to test keep revs high when you lift the clutch up,

daihatsu and disco the body is more liable to rust,

good luck with your search

at that price you'll get an older Navara or L200, I'd go for the L200 over the navara simply because they price bracket you're looking in would be the Navaras that had engine issues. With a hard top there is lots of room for dogs and kit and unlike the 110 you'll be able to do 80 on the motorway happily and take your hat and gloves off in cold weather :good:

Hi looking at buying a 4x4 possibly a truck been looking at xtrail navara hilux etc looking for something cheap to run with plenty of room for the dogs and guns etc needs to be capable of road looking to spend around 4,5k

Hi there i have not long since bought a x-trail and love it to bits.the 6 speed makes it economical on long runs,nice and comfy.However on the 53 model i have theres a rattle i took it to the nissan dealer who explained they have a design fault and because of it's age i would have to buy the parts to put it right,which is the ECM unit and new injectors.

New injectors are £1300 and the ECM is £800.TAKE CARE

I got myself a 05 Ford Ranger for around £5k a few months back....very impressed good on fuel if you amble 28 to 33mpg masses of space in the truck rear and not to bad in the cab ..drivers size is good with loads of headroom ,drives OK to bit commercial but plenty of poke for a truck ..brill for dogs and shooting as you use it like a van in the back and a car up front

For 4.5k you could get a really good disco 2 go for a standard one not the es model with ace or rear air suspenion.

Make sure the injector loom has been changed as they sufer with oil ingress shows as missing when driven hard.

If you have a wife partner they love it comfy capable off road and pleanty of room for the dogs etc.

Where are you in the world if near I could help with viewing etc if you not too far away.

Regards