stuffed animals

codling99

i am selling on behalf a mate ,his collection of animals he has had stuffed. the work has been done by john hallett,who i think is one of the best there is.

prices are as follows:-

hare heads £90-00 each

fox heads £100-00 each

white rabbit £100-00

wild polecat £100-00

brace of pheasants £200-00.

all prices are pick up only,dont really want to post in case of damage,especially with birds.if anyone wants a job lot or pair,i could allways ask him if he knock a bit of price.

25112009047.jpg

25112009048.jpg

25112009049.jpg

25112009050.jpg

25112009051.jpg

25112009052.jpg

25112009053.jpg

25112009054.jpg

i have seen these and must admit they are stunning. :blink:

The white rabbit and the polecat are excellent, however the pheasant and hares are as realistic as the corgi's (sorry foxes) :good:

your having a llaugh,their spot on,ive seen them close up and they are brill,pics dont do them justice,be hard pushed to find better,imho. :good:

I mean no offence coding99 but honestly - the pheasant look like they are walking back home after a very long night on the town, the hares have been frightened to death and the corgis have been run over by a tractor.

Perhaps its the photographs or just the angles that the pictures have been taken but having over 35 years experience of practical taxidermy and mounted everything from zebra finches to north American brown bears (and most things in between), I can only provide a personal opinion - which in the eyes of the many - is just that.

If you like em - buy em. As for me, I prefer my mounts to be a little more lifelike, as I said previously the white rabbit and the polecat are excellent representations of the live animal - a true mark of the professional. :good:

each to thier own,but as i said ive seen them personally,and they look fine to me and realistic,ive seen a lot worse,and the fella who did them is one of the best in the buisness and world renowned at his game,but your opinion is your opinion,would like to see some of your work to give some referrence between different opinions of what real lokking items suppose to look like. :good:

Sorry codling99, I have not kept many pictures of the mounts I have done over the years and most of them I have given away. However I have found a few that might be of interest to some.

For those who are really interested the following sequence is of the build up.

This is a much younger animal

Just as an asside all of the above, with the exception of the Roe Buck and the Fox, died of natural causes or were killed on the roads.