Blasted article

rodp

I might have missed it, but have you tried kennelling the dog outside with an enclosed run on grass? I suggested this earlier,but can't see where you've tried that.

Yep but it causes alot of hassle when the lab goes out, and, when they decide to "talk" to each other through the patio doors (closed).

Thanks anyway.

Yep but it causes alot of hassle when the lab goes out, and, when they decide to "talk" to each other through the patio doors (closed).

Thanks anyway.

put them both outside then, and if they start making a racket go out and tell them to shut up, if they still persist a bucket of water thrown around them works wonders.

im sorry, but no way should you even be considering putting your dog down for not being house trained. :good:

put them both outside then, and if they start making a racket go out and tell them to shut up, if they still persist a bucket of water thrown around them works wonders.

im sorry, but no way should you even be considering putting your dog down for not being house trained. :lol:

I think I should make myself a little clearer here, before folk start judging me too harshly. This is a dog we took in two years ago, it was saved from the needle at that time by us. We have spent a small fortune on this animal and invested countless man hours of coaxing, cajoling and training.

We have not just aqcuired a dog then found it did not fit in with our life style, that's just something we would not do. As for putting the Lab outside along with the Lurcher, well, that just aint gonna happen. The Lab was bought as a pet, has been reared as a pet and is going to stay a pet. His parents were pets and that's the stock he's come from, to suddenly put him outside and eject him from the family home would do him no good at all and would probably destroy all trust he has in us. Whether this is a right thing or wrong thing for a dog doesn't really matter now at his time of life, it's what he's used to.

So please, don't take a pop at me or lecture me on the rights and wrongs of putting a dog down, I'm well aware of the scale of things. All we did was to rescue a dog that was due for the chop, did our best and still found the dog was too far gone for our place in society.

If anyone has a home better suited to the Lurcher then speak up. A home on a residential road with other small pets is most definitely not suited, she needs to be outside and receive regular contact with people during the day, not just locked up until needed.

Having said that I do thank all that have given, or tried to give, constructive advice and ideas. Thank you very much.

Rod