Pigeon Shooting In South Oxfordshire

marko

I'm up at Bicester (although I move to Yorkshire in 8 days) and I know there is a BASC affiliated club called the Banbury and District Woodpigeon and RC Club. Both Dan and I have tried to join with no joy. That's not to say that you can't suceed where we failed. Contact BASC for the club secretary contact details.

• 3 weeks later...

Marko,

Sorry I didn't get back to you but I've been in Scotland shooting with the lads.

I'm now suffering at home as the deal with the wife for letting me go was I do the ironing, shopping, etc 'til Christmas!!! :(

I reckon if I burn a few of her blouses and come home with shopping bags full of microwave currys, beer, pasties and chocolate biscuits I might get out of it sooner!! :evil:

Nice to hear that you and Elma are on my door step. I live in Didcot and shoot land around Culham, Milton, Benson, Shillingford. I shoot with a group of friends from this area and one of the lads is the 'contact' with the farmers and landowners. I mentioned your interest to him and it wasn't totally poo pooed  :)

The trouble is as I'm sure you can appreciate, is that shooting land is highly prized and protected. We even have trouble shooting unless our contact is with us and we've been on the land for ten years now!! There may be a few occassions when we shoot big rape fields where the more guns the merrier  :(

As with all of these things, a foot in the door.......

It wouldn't hurt to have a pint somewhere and get aquainted though. Maybe Elma might wish to indulge too  ;)

Drop me a line if interested.

;) Hi Tony & Marko

Good idea, lets meet for a drink, and try and get some days sorted out.  Some of the ground I've got can't be shot until February, after the end of the pheasant season.    

:what: (If you like to have a day out shooting  maybe a few days beating wouldn't go a miss, Up to you! the estate is in Woodcote by Goring.)

However, I've got permission to shoot a 750 acre farm(Kinston Bagpuize).  At this moment in time they have an 110 acre block of rape that needs protecting. (Not much on it at the moment!! i was there today) but once the weather turns hard I dare say we could have a day out there. E Mail me :)  :(  :(

Tony and Elma

Great idea to arrange for a pint or two to discuss possible options.  I can meet anywhere that will suit both of you (somewhere between Abingdon and Didcot perhaps?)  Evenings or weekends would be good - sooner the better.

Elma - I used to do a bit of beating when I lived in Cumbria and would be very interested in the chance to continue down here.

Tony - Sorry to hear you had to pay a high price for a sport you loves!!!!! (Christmas is only six weeks away)

Hope to hear from you both soon.

;)  :)

By the way, I got your email Elma, unfortunately I have to work. The invite was very much appreciated. Maybe I can take you up on it in the future.  :)

I didn't think there was that much land around Kingston Bagpuize! I thought Millets took it all over.  ;)

I have some local knowledge as I lived in Appleton for a few years.