Nissan Qashqai

Gonna Shoot a Wabbit

Could just be me, there seems to be no shortage of these on the road.

After a brief look on the nissan website apparently there is a 4 X 4 version.

Anyone got one? what is the word on the pigeonwatch telegraph?

Is it reliable, suitable for rutted tracks, grass fields, NOT serious mudplugging!

are you seriously considering the Quish Quash for off roading?? :yes:

I wouldn't want to take on down my driveway!

(although, admittedly my lane is an extreme case)

1053705-Worst-Road-in-uganda-0.jpg

Dear shot shot, your driveway is easy peasy. my ford focus has dealt with worse in scotland on those forestry tracks in pursuit of bambi's.

Come to think about it, the old focus has spent more time off road than most 4 wheel drives anyway...... it has a superb driver you see :good:

Dear shot shot, your driveway is easy peasy. my ford focus has dealt with worse in scotland on those forestry tracks in pursuit of bambi's.

Come to think about it, the old focus has spent more time off road than most 4 wheel drives anyway...... it has a superb driver you see :good:

:yes:

that's not actually my lane, don't have a photo of it in it's current state, and well, it's cold, dark and foggy outside, so I'm going to stay inside with my feet up in front of the fire :lol:

I agree about the focus btw, great cars, I want one :yes:

Come to think about it, the old focus has spent more time off road than most 4 wheel drives anyway...... it has a superb driver you see :lol:

Yep, Gonna's focus is an icon down this way.......

Never been washed; no wheel trims; the back seat is permanently occupied by two smelly labragators; essence of rabbit guts and bambi offal, and the owner smells worse than the car :good::yes:

He's never slow in taking a lift in my Prius tho' - that he's trying to get to the same state as his charabanc :yes: :look:

Don

I have got a 4wd 2.0dci qashqai,i see loads of them on the road.

If you are thinking of buying one then TAKE NOTE: the diesel has a DPF (diesel partical filter ) and is not recommended for "urban" driving,if you don't do regular journeys at over 50mph then the filter becomes clogged and then needs to be thrashed to get the filter hot enough to burn off the residue,failing that it is a trip to the main dealers to change the filter and oil ( about £180 a pop )

I got a Kuga AWD 6 months ago. Getting 41 MPG doing around the doors and up to 70 (ish) and manages off road no probs at all (although not had serious mud pluggin yet.) Would recommend over nissan, I tried both when looking and was actually 70/30 for the nissan to start with.