dog training

jen shooter

RIght chaps need some help here , i work six days a week leave home 7 45 return home 5 45 so its dark most of the time when ime home other then sundays.

i have three dogs all in training ben 2 years old springer doing realy well blue 10 month old lab and bo 6 moth old springer how do we carry on training in the winter when its dark nighhts. i have a small garden whitch is lit and i can take one dog to work as ime my own boss but i dont want all the work i did in the summer forgotten your advise will be wellcome

Sympathise mate...if its a tempory situation that aint going to last months then wouldnt worry to much ..10 min a day training is plenty anyway..jusy be sympathetic to what you do when you walk them...not to much free running etc ...have found myself in situations like this with work and sometimes giving the dogs some slack before returning to training can work well , they seem keener to learn at weekends and times when I do get a chance . Keep your night walks to a bit of heel work and a few recalls .. maybe a dropped dummy and sending one back for it on a footpath rather than throwing it out of sight ..wont do any harm in the short term..may even help steady up . Other option have you not got an indoor place that does training , I take one of mine to a KC good citizen sceme..sounds a bit gay I know but I does work as I train him around other dogs (important ) in a hall at night and lots of the stuff is similar to what you need early on anyway , heel ,stays recall and some dummy work ..advantage they cant run off to far when it goes titsup :good: Fact that you have botherd to ask and thought about it is a positive step so you should fair well and Good luck matey .

Edited by PWD