HOW TO GET CHEAPER PETROL

SNAKEBITE

There is an e-mail going round at the moment that says in order to get the price of petrol down do NOT buy from ESSO or B.P.

The idea is that if their profits go down then they will cut the price in order to get customers. Then the others will follow with price cuts.

Seem like an idea and worth a go :D I get my petrol from Tescos anyway!

There is an e-mail going round at the moment that says in order to get the price of petrol down do NOT buy from ESSO or B.P.

The idea is that if their profits go down then they will cut the price in order to get customers. Then the others will follow with price cuts.

Seem like an idea and worth a go :/  I get my petrol from Tescos anyway!

Snakebite,

Where do you think tesco get their petrol from?:D

I cant beleive there are people who still think they can effect the price of gas at the pumps by "not buying there" , lets be straight and honest ,the only way you can pay less is get a bicycle sell your precious V8, walk, run, trot, crawl, roll ,or move to Bahran 25cents US a gallon , good luck with your move :D:/

pay it or park it ,the choice is yours

Martin

Im an impatient *** :< the cheaper filling stations around my way have always got a q of cars on the forecourt :/ and i"m ALWAYS in a hurry!!! so i always pull on the ones with the lesser q, even if its dearer :< :D:/:/

Edited by digga

your right Teal , the little guy has no chance of affecting the direct cost at pump.

here in Alberta we are now looking at a $7 BILLION dollar profit this year ,we have the only true debt free province ,this is obtained by none other than "oil" , still people bitch at the price at pump $1.02 - $1.07 average per litre (approx $4.65 per gallon ) 2 pounds 20pence ish sterling , as far as im concerned we'll all pay it ,you dont have to like it ,but you'll pay it :D

Martin

Here in Alberta we are now looking at a $7 BILLION dollar profit this year ,we have the only true debt free province ,this is obtained by none other than "oil".

Martin that is exactly the reason why the UK has the strongest economy in Europe, not Blairs handling of things but purely North Sea oil.

The government have made a big issue of the fact that they haven't implemented the proposed increases in duty imposed at the last budget. How ever there is no mention of the un-budgeted increase in tax revenue amounting to billions of pounds that the increased cost of crude oil has given them.

They could afford to reduce the tax on fuel by at least 5p a litre and still be better off than they expected to be.

QUOTE (sussex lad @ Aug 22 2005, 03:45 PM)

Snakebite,

Where do you think tesco get their petrol from?:D 

Go on then spoil my arguement

Tesco (like Sainsburys and other Retailers) buy their supplies from a major Oil Company.

The last I heard, BP and Shell had half of the business each.

The "Boycott an Oil Company" email has been going around for years and it hasn't achieved anything so far.....what a suprise.