Got a problem need help

ME

I have a problem with my 2 door SWB Shogun seats. (1996)

It is driving me nuts so if anyone can offer a fix then a suitable reward will be given. :blush: :yp:

My Shogun has non-electric seats that have two levers, one adjusts the back and one moves the seat backwards and forwards.

There is ALSO a small "memory" lever. This lever is SUPPOSED to remember your seat setting. However the one on my Shogun decides that

my favourite seat setting is lying down (I have heard all the jokes :hmm: ). This means that everytime I let someone in the back the seat resets to lying down and I have to adjust it back to my setting.

My mechanic thinks that a cam may be worn in the mechanism but I thought that I would open it to advice on here. The seat mechanism including the "memory" is all cable controlled and has no electrical parts....

So, come on then, what can we find on Google ?.....

seriously though i would assume your mechanic is right if you've read the handbook and are operating it properly. Simplest option find someone breaking one check the seat works and buy it and swap the whole lot as these wear and the parts aren't usually replaceable

:yp: sorry but you just brought back a memory(pun intended)The exact same thing happened to mine and i got sick of adjusting it so i kicked it one day :hmm: and it worked ever since.

If you cant fix it with a hammer its an electrical problem.If its definately not an electrical problem you need a bigger hammer. :blush:

I would go with the new interior,they are peanuts on ebay.

I have a problem with my 2 door SWB Shogun seats. (1996)

It is driving me nuts so if anyone can offer a fix then a suitable reward will be given. :look: :hmm:

My Shogun has non-electric seats that have two levers, one adjusts the back and one moves the seat backwards and forwards.

There is ALSO a small "memory" lever. This lever is SUPPOSED to remember your seat setting. However the one on my Shogun decides that

my favourite seat setting is lying down (I have heard all the jokes ;) ). This means that everytime I let someone in the back the seat resets to lying down and I have to adjust it back to my setting.

My mechanic thinks that a cam may be worn in the mechanism but I thought that I would open it to advice on here. The seat mechanism including the "memory" is all cable controlled and has no electrical parts....

So, come on then, what can we find on Google ?.....

My has done it since I have had from nearly new......I ought to do something about it as I am fed up with my old lady getting in it and saying

'Who you had in here then?:hmm:'