First test for my new L200

danccooke

I stopped a the side of a road yesterday so I could go wandering in the field. As I pulled onto the verge I knew I was going to have fun getting back off, or out as the case may be.

I drive a 59 plate L200 which is brand new I traded my old Mitsi Pajero earlier this year (which was very capable off road)

As I got out i went almost up to my knees in thick heavy mud which was over the side steps on the truck (axle deep). Sod it i thought shoot first deal with car later.

On return I decided to go straight for 4x4 Locked Centre Diff. This threw lots of mud up and I lurched forward then stopped, mud flailing everywhere, I decided backwards. No same situation. Time for Low Ratio and Rear Diff locked too.

managed to reverse fair enough back to get one wheel on the tarmac, then it dragged out like a dream.

Damn I miss the BFG's I had on the Pajero. I am currently running Duellers (dualers? ) I couldn't warrant replacing 5 brand new tyres when i picked her up but you wait, if i do actually get bogged at anypoint the mrs holiday can screw off, tyres it will be.

all in all though happy that it handled the situation even with crappy tyres.

Every pick up manufactuer seems to fit those crappy duellers to everything. My hilux came with them and were good on road but useless off.

Suprises me when you see new RR's getting about easily enough on road tyres.

Got A/T's on mine at the moment and never been stuck so far :good:

Had I actually got bogged in then it might have been enough for me to open the wallet, but four BFG's are gonna be the best part of £500 and my tyres have only done 2,500miles so it seems fairly uneconomical, unless I am losing money by being late to work or not making to work as i have got stuck in a field somewhere.

Still happy with the motor though :blush: